Sales Engineer, Central
Posted on: October 2, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, the Sales Engineer
is responsible for helping expand its sales organization in the
Central region (Minnesota).
* Support sales operations in the designated US territory
* Work closely with the direct sales team as well as partner sales
staff in the region.
* Provide technical support for new trial customer to gain
experience with the solution.
* Complete vendor security questionnaires and other technical
documentation as needed during the sales process.
* Document activities in the company's CRM.
* The position will require frequent travel.
* Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not
a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment
with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment
is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job
description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Must have relationships with technical staff in information
security departments across a variety of industries.
* Excellent presentation and communication skills with the
capability to present technical information and build rapport with
a variety of audiences including line technicians to C-Level
* Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and
accuracy in a high paced geographically dispersed organization
* Understanding of laws and regulatory requirements driving
customer IT security programs
* Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to excellence
* Ability to manage information using SalesForce.com
* Capable of managing multiple high priority tasks to successful
* Ability to travel a minimum of 35%
Education and/or Experience:
* 4 Year Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree preferred
* 3 years of sales engineering in the information security
* IT security experience with understanding of Computer Incident
* Network communication troubleshooting experience with strong
TCP/IP skills, familiarity with SMTP, IMAP, HTTP, and other
* Experienced in troubleshooting solutions deployed in enterprise
networks, understanding of proxies, LDAP/Active Directory, E-mail
Infrastructure and other related technologies
* Experience with Virtual Machine Environments
* Experience with SIEM and/or Threat Intelligence platforms.
* Experience completing RFPs and customer security questionnaires
to enable deal closure
* Hands-on experience in providing information security services
such as assessments, penetration tests, Security Operations Center
* Hands-on experience in social engineering testing and analysis
* Experience creating and managing YARA rule sets preferred
* Hands-on experience in incident response and computer forensics
* Experience as a presenter on information security topics at
conferences and events preferred
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not
limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
marital status, genetic information or any other status or
characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or
local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all
aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training,
compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Cofense, Leesburg , Sales Engineer, Central, Sales , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!