Reservation Sales Agent
Company: Lansdowne Resort
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionJob SummaryProvide prompt, courteous and
efficient handling of all requests for guest room reservations,
changes, cancellations and information.Essential Functions
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of
equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all
guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization
of assigned work areas.
- Maintain complete knowledge of:o All hotel facilities/services,
hours of operation.o All guest room layouts, bed types, decor,
appointments and locations.o Room availability for any given day.o
Restricted dates, rates and room types.o All room rates, packages
and promotions.o Specific arrangements between hotel and travel
agencies, corporate reservations center.o Entertainment/special
events scheduled in the hotel.
- Access all functions of the computer system.
- Set up workstation with necessary supplies and resource
- Answer telephone calls within 3 rings, using correct
salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Process all reservation requests, changes and cancellations
received by phone, fax, telex, mail, internally and through
corporate reservations center or travel agencies.
- Ascertain callers' needs through open-ended questions.
- Describe room accommodations and all amenities.
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation.
- Accommodate special requests and designate such in system.
- Access guest history records to best service guests; maintain
accurate information in guest history files.
- Maximize rate for all reservations.
- Promote and sell holiday and other packages to callers
requesting reservations on designated dates.
- Assist callers with dining room reservations and amenity
- Verify availability. Suggest alternate dates for sold-out
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers; assign
confirmation/cancellation numbers and relay such to caller.
- Relay accurate information on transportation arrangements from
airport to hotel; input and document such requests.
- Set up proper billing accounts (i.e., room/tax/incidentals, tax
exempt, direct/special billing) and process advance deposits.
- Verify all reservation information with caller to ensure
- Input correct information into proper fields to inform other
departments of pertinent information (i.e., flags, comments, guest
- Document all information for manual reservations on designated
- Input all manual reservations into the system.
- Obtain approval from Front Desk management for same day
reservations on near sell-out dates.
- Process confirmation letters.
- Designate and apply appropriate travel agency commissions.
- Initiate deposit refunds for non-group reservations.
- Refer requests for initial booking of group rooms, banquet or
convention requests to the Sales Department.
- Create individual files and group masters with designated
information for each group booking received from the Sales
Department. Update changes received from Sales.
- Set up group room blocks in the system. Book group reservations
against the room block.
- Input group rooming lists.
- Monitor group cut-off dates and review with Sales or group
- Review group resumes and convey all pertinent information in
the system to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor and maintain wait lists daily.
- Process requests for mailing brochures, correspondence and
- Compile and maintain information for daily/weekly/monthly
- Review status of assignments and any follow-up action with
on-coming Agent. Other Duties
- All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and
departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure,
effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel
facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found
procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
- Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental
meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
- Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is
essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and
- Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our
guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited
to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful
behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
- Perform all other duties as directed by management that are
consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel. Working
Conditions & Physical RequirementsPhysical Effort:Significant
portions of day require prolonged sedentary work. Ability to
visually review documents and computer screen throughout
day.Physical Environment:Ability to walk or stand for extended
periods of time during course of shift. Manual SkillsSignificant
portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills
requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity,
e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.Work Schedule: Due
to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may
be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs
of the hotel.Safety:Responsible for operating within hotel safety
guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel
equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise.
Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and
department standards and utilizes proper personal protective
equipment (PPE) when appropriate.QualificationsEducation:High
school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate
required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in
hospitality management preferred.Experience:Prior experience within
a four star hotel brand preferred.Computer Skill & Other Technical
Skills:Ability to utilize computer software and hardware required.
Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.Ability to
learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued
communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones,
etc).Communication:Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English
to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest
requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of
additional language(s) preferred.Licenses or
Certifications:n/aOther:Must be customer-service oriented and have
excellent hospitality skills.Must be able to calculate basic
Keywords: Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg , Reservation Sales Agent, Sales , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!