Sales Engineer, EAST
Posted on: January 11, 2020
Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering Americas, the Sales
Engineer is responsible for supporting Cofense's sales organization
in the US Eastern region, engaging with customers in guiding them
through their Cofense experience. Additional duties include
providing technical assistance to the direct and channel sales
teams. At times you may be requested to support other areas or
territories in the Americas as required by the business.
* Support sales operations in the US Eastern territory.
* Work closely with the direct sales team as well as partner sales
staff in the region.
* Provide technical support for new trial customer to gain
experience with the solution.
* Complete vendor security questionnaires and other technical
documentation as needed during the sales process.
* Must have relationships with technical staff in information
security departments across a variety of industries.
* Document activities in the company's CRM.
* The position will require frequent travel.
* Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not
a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment
with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment
is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job
description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
* Ability to provide live and web-based demonstrations of the
* Advanced understanding of messaging systems including gateways,
mail servers, filtering technologies and email clients
* Basic HTML skills
* Understanding of laws and regulatory requirements driving
customer IT security programs
* Excellent presentation and communication skills
* Capability to present technical information to a variety of
* History of creating rapport with customers, from line technicians
to C-level executives
* Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to excellence
* Demonstrated ability to manage information using
* Ability to manage multiple high priority tasks to successful
* Ability to work in a fast paced, geographically dispersed
* Ability to manage projects for customers around PoCs or testing
* Ability to travel a minimum of 45%
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelor's degree is preferred.
* Hands-on experience in providing information security services
such as security operations assessments, penetration tests,
Incident Response workflow analyses
* Experience creating and managing YARA rule sets
* Experience completing and validating customer security
* Experience with SOC/IR operations with Global 1000 companies.
* Experience with Incident Response processes and procedures
relating to phishing defense practices.
* Experience with SaaS, IaaS (AWS / Azure) and on-prem virtual
machine (VMware) environments
* Experience with SIEM and/or Threat Intelligence Platforms.
* Hands-on experience in social engineering testing and analysis
* Hands-on experience in incident response and computer forensics
* Experience as a presenter on information security topics at
conferences and events preferred
* Prior Incident Response experience preferred
* 3+ years of sales engineering in the information security
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not
limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
marital status, genetic information or any other status or
characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or
local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all
aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training,
compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Cofense, Leesburg , Sales Engineer, EAST, Sales , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!