Senior Monitoring Analyst
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: November 28, 2019
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:Interim SecretClearance
Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Top SecretSuitability:Agency
SpecificJob Family:Cyber SecurityJob Description:
The Senior Monitoring Analyst supports a Civilian Agency Cyber
Security Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the
network security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is
located in Leesburg, Virginia.
The Senior Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include:
- Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs)
to identify and document all intrusions and attempted
- Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data
analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security
devices and applications using the security information event
management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device
- Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of
trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous
- Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident
Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of
- Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
- Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and
reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities,
response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security
- Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior
leadership; provide analysis for correlated information
- Provide liaison to other agency cyber threat analysis entities
such as intra-agency and inter-agency Cyber Threat Working
- Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of
visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database
- Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in
deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing
computer network intrusions.
- Senior Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations based
on best practice and experience to develop processes that will
enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.
- Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer
Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info: Senior Monitoring Analysts provide
coverage twelve (12) hours a day, five (5) days a week, including
Federal government holidays. Under all risk levels, required shifts
are (0600-1400) and (1000-1800 EST\EDT), Monday-Friday, including
Federal government holidays. Under all risk levels, the backfill of
absent Senior Monitoring Analysts are required for all periods of
scheduled and unscheduled leave. At the direction of the COR, the
Contractor may be required to move personnel shifts in order to
support demanding workloads, especially during core business hours.
Senior Monitoring Analysts should be proven team players with
excellent oral and written communications skills. Senior Monitoring
Analysts should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects
cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Frequent interaction
with government client is required. Occasional local travel.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent
- Minimum six (6) years IT experience
- Must have four (4) years experience network security analysis,
using intrusion detection systems.
- Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet
- Firewall administration experience.
- Experience with intrusion detection sensors.
- Experience with Security Information and Event Management Tools
- CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to two year
Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense Secret
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Telecommuting Options:Telecommuting Not
AllowedWork Location:USA VA LeesburgAdditional Work Locations:We
are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Leesburg , Senior Monitoring Analyst, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!