Senior Monitoring Analyst with Security Clearance
Company: General Dynamics IT Corporate
Posted on: July 29, 2019
REQ#: RQ37266 Job Description: The Senior Monitoring Analyst
supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC)
organization protecting the network security of tens of thousands
of users. The work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia. The
Senior Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include: * Support
monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs) to identify
and document all intrusions and attempted intrusions.
* Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data
analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security
devices and applications using the security information event
management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device
* Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of
trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous
* Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident
Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of
* Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
* Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated
* Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and
reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
* Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities,
response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security
* Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior
leadership; provide analysis for correlated information
* Provide liaison to other agency cyber threat analysis entities
such as intra-agency and inter-agency Cyber Threat Working
* Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of
visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database
* Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in deterring,
identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing computer
* Senior Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations based on
best practice and experience to develop processes that will enhance
efficiencies needed to perform the above.
* Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer
Representative and SOC management. Qualities/Additional info:
Senior Monitoring Analysts provide coverage twelve (12) hours a
day, five (5) days a week, including Federal government holidays.
Under all risk levels, required shifts are (0600-1400) and
(1000-1800 EST\EDT), Monday-Friday, including Federal government
holidays. Under all risk levels, the backfill of absent Senior
Monitoring Analysts are required for all periods of scheduled and
unscheduled leave. At the direction of the COR, the Contractor may
be required to move personnel shifts in order to support demanding
workloads, especially during core business hours. Senior Monitoring
Analysts should be proven team players with excellent oral and
written communications skills. Senior Monitoring Analysts should
also be a self-starter, capable of working projects
cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Frequent interaction
with government client is required. Occasional local travel.
Infrequent ( Job Qualifications: Required Education and Experience:
Education: * Bachelor's degree
* Minimum ten (10) years of relevant professional experience.
Experience: * In addition to required education or equivalent
* Minimum six (6) years IT experience AND * Must have four (4)
years experience network security analysis, using intrusion
* Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet level.
Preferred Experience: * Firewall administration experience.
* Experience with intrusion detection sensors.
* Experience with Security Information and Event Management Tools
* CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to two year
experience). Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense
Secret US Citizenship Required: Yes For more than 50 years, General
Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of
information technology, systems engineering, training, and
professional services to customers across federal, state, and local
governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT
professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical
IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other
Keywords: General Dynamics IT Corporate, Leesburg , Senior Monitoring Analyst with Security Clearance, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!