Company: VWR International, Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2019
The Technician Biorepository (US) Document Management is responsible for the inventory, processing, and maintenance of research material. The Technician Biorepository (US) performs a variety of biorepository functions and should develop a sense of responsibility toward his/her duties.
* Responsible for the processing of Work Requests and special projects meeting applicable regulatory and SOP compliance
* Keep the Lead - Biorepository informed of day-to-day progress, including irregularities and deviations from the normal
* Performance of other duties as assigned by the Lead - Biorepository or appropriate supervisory personnel
* Available for offsite projects / travel
Experience & Skills:
* Ability to follow a consistent work schedule
* Ability to effectively communicate to others in both written and oral formats
* Ability to effectively understand and follow written and verbal instructions and apply job specific training
* Ability to identify and document variation when comparing information
* Ability to maintain confidential information
* Ability to learn and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), company policies, Employee Handbook guidance, and job specific training
* Ability to effectively prioritize assignments to consistently meet assigned deadlines
* Ability to lift boxes up to 40 pounds
* Ability to support temporary off-site travel projects
* Demonstrates a high level of attention to detail
* Possess an understanding (via completion of EPL s orientation program) of General Workplace Safety, Chemical Safety and the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
* Possess an understanding (via completion of EPL s orientation program) of our work and how it must be completed in compliance with applicable (e.g. GLP, OECD) regulations
* Possess computer skills and knowledge (e.g., keyboard skills, familiarity with standard desktop productivity applications, web browsers)
Ability to work with a variety of research materials which may include plant, animal, and/or human specimens and/or potentially infectious, hazardous, and/or radioactive material
* High school diploma or equivalent
Environmental Working Conditions & Physical Effort:
The work environment characteristics and physical effort described here are representative of those personnel may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typically works in an office, laboratory, or archive environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
Personnel are required to stand and walk for a portion of the working day. The physical requirements of the job are for associates to talk, hear, bend/stoop, squat, crawl, climb height, reach above shoulder height, crouch, kneel, balance, and push/pull.
Personnel use both hands for repetitive actions such as grasping and manipulating. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Avantor is a global manufacturer and distributor of high-quality products, services and solutions to professionals in the life sciences and advanced technology industries. As our channel brand, VWR offers an integrated, seamless purchasing experience that is optimized for the way our customers do business. Operating from over 30 countries worldwide, the company seeks to enable customer success in the biopharmaceutical, pharmaceutical, medical device, diagnostics, healthcare, educational, industrial, government, aerospace & defense, and semiconductor industries. For more information visit www.settingscienceinmotion.com .
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
VWR is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VWR maintains a drug free workplace.
VWR is a US Federal contractor.
VWR and design are registered trademarks of VWR International, LLC. VWR International, LLC is aware of fraudulent e-mails referencing VWR job opportunities. Please note: VWR does not hire employees through e-mail solicitation and never requests any employee to cash money orders or send money to others. If you question the validity of a job, please visit jobs.vwr.com .
For more information on VWR please visit www.vwr.com .
Keywords: VWR International, Inc, Leesburg , Technician Biorepository, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!