TW Perry Leesburg, VA Driver Helper
Company: Builders FirstSource
Posted on: March 17, 2023
TW Perry Leesburg, VA Driver Helper
Leesburg VA Yard - 41 Catoctin Circle SE (20175), 41 Catoctin
Circle SE, Leesburg, Virginia, United States of America * Leesburg,
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
PURPOSE Assists Driver in delivering customer orders; assists in
loading and off-loading product; or drives pilot vehicle for
oversize loads.May deliver customer orders using a company van or
pickup truck under 10,000 GVW.Work is performed under the direction
of department supervisor or manager.Does NOT require a Commercial
Motor Vehicle license.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with loading and appropriately securing product onto or
inside delivery vehicle using motorized or non-motorized material
- Drives pilot vehicle for oversize loads, ensuring compliance
with appropriate safety regulations.
- Inspects and maintains delivery vehicles to ensure safety and
compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Plans and paces own work efficiency in order to meet daily,
weekly, project, or team related productivity goals.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This job has no supervisory
responsibilities. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTSTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one (1)
year experience performing these or similar tasks, or equivalent
combination of education, training or experience.Valid driver's
license required. COMPETENCIES
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand maps, routes, road signs
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to read and understand machine and equipment diagrams
and system schematics
- Knowledgeable of escort service regulations
- Knowledge of basic math and measurement skills
- Knowledge of and ability to use motorized and non-motorized
material handling equipment
- Must have a valid driver's license. WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL
ACTIVITYThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently and
on occasion may be required to lift and carry, with assistance, up
to 200 pounds.
- May be required to perform specific tasks that involve
climbing, lifting, pushing or kneeling.
- Must be able to climb up and down into cab, twist torso for 360
degree visibility, use arms to operate controls, etc.
Builders FirstSource is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a
disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to
apply for a position with Builders FirstSource, please call
(214)765-3990 or email:. Please do not send resumes to this email
address - it is intended only to be used to request an
accommodation in submitting an application for a job opening.
EEO THE LAW - English/Spanish
EEO IS THE LAW - SUPPLEMENT - English/Spanish
Pay Transparency Provision - English/Spanish
- Leesburg VA Yard - 41 Catoctin Circle SE (20175), 41 Catoctin
Circle SE, Leesburg, Virginia, United States of America
- Leesburg, VA, USA
Share this job:
Keywords: Builders FirstSource, Leesburg , TW Perry Leesburg, VA Driver Helper, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...