Data Center Facilities Technician
Company: Salute Mission Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2022
Job descriptionAcross the data center industry - from
deployment, through operations and maintenance, to decommissioning
- Salute Mission Critical is the industry leader of delivering
global data center services executed with military precision.At
Salute, we don't have employees. We have team members. It's our
culture, and it's a significant driver of the success we're able to
deliver for our clients. This team-oriented culture is defined by
transparent communication, collaborative development and deployment
of procedures and best practices, a customer service mindset both
internally and externally, and a strong commitment to safety and
responsibility.Job Description:The Data Center Facilities
Technician is responsible, as part of a team, for ensuring that all
electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the
data center is operating at peak efficiency. This involves both
planned preventative maintenance of equipment, daily corrective
work, and emergency response to emergent issues. The Facilities
Technician primarily interacts with Data Center Operators (DCOs),
clients, and vendors. Data center equipment that supports
mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% uptime.
This equipment includes, but is not limited to, emergency diesel
generators, electrical switchgear, UPSs, PDUs, AHUs, chillers,
cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFDs,
and building automation systems, and a basic understanding of this
equipment would be preferred.The Facilities Technician also
provides comprehensive data center white space support for IT
infrastructure, which may include monitoring, troubleshooting,
reporting, and day-to-day maintenance - all of this being
site-dependent and as per the service level agreements with our
clients. Facilities Technicians are also responsible for using
event monitoring and management systems to provide notifications
and escalations to stakeholders during service
- Basic knowledge of site facility infrastructure regarding
power, thermal management and associated systems.
- Working knowledge of facility equipment including, but not
limited to, pumps, compressors, CRACs, UPS, generators, switch
gear, BMS, life-safety systems, security systems and more.
- Work with senior colleagues, team members, vendors and other
stakeholders to test and install data center infrastructure
equipment and services.
- Work closely with senior staff to ensure that operational
services functionality meets or exceeds customer expectations for
performance, reliability, escalation and communication, as per SLA.
- Work closely with vendors to resolve service-affecting
incidents and/or outages.
- Troubleshoot infrastructure and equipment problems, placing
service calls when problems remain unresolved.
- Provide data center white space support to managed services,
including, but not limited to:o routers and switcheso other
customer or self-owned digital infrastructure
- Perform trouble isolation and resolution as needed.
- Perform maintenance as needed/directed.
- Perform day-to-day operations, functional maintenance on
infrastructure equipment to ensure the reliability and resilience
of the data center environment, as per checklists and procedures.
- Perform consolidated event management for all monitored
equipment at the data center site.
- Provide monitoring and overall support, ensuring successful
operation of all site facility and other mission-critical equipment
infrastructure (Generators, UPS, Thermal Management, Electrical
- Experience from stacking and racking of servers to
battery/power and structured cabling.
- Generate end user performance reports as needed.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client-side problems, when so
- Produce reports with metrics on service requests, problem
management, backup and statistics, number of events for internal
and external stakeholders.
- Monitor capacity utilization.
- Manages/Monitors physical access to data centers.
- Successfully execute Emergency Operating Procedures (EOPs),
when so required at site.
- Trains new staff on all processes and procedures that relate to
all of the above.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills. Must be able to
logically analyze, isolate and resolve site and customer-facing
service issues. Proficient in monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Good English communication skills, both verbal and
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Proven track record of success and delivering results.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills,
conducive to team development.
- Physical work ability to lift 18-23kgs (40-50lbs) on a regular
basis, and able to use server lift or pallet jacks.
- Military experience would be an advantage.If your professional
growth and compensation trajectory are restricted in any way,
- Stepping into a role with a nationally recognized leader in the
Mission Critical market
- Working with an employer who maintains a corporate philosophy
to hire only our nation's best
- Who invests in and are unilaterally committed to continuing the
enrichment of their employeesIf you have what it takes to work in a
dynamic, fast-paced environment we welcome the opportunity to
provide more detail and explore your current situation and
interests.Military experience is preferred
Keywords: Salute Mission Inc., Leesburg , Data Center Facilities Technician, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!