Company: CVS Health Retail
Posted on: January 16, 2022
It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS
Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000
stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales
oriented, Professional Beauty Consultant who is passionate about
the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be
top notch. We have partnered with Glamsquad, a revolutionary beauty
services provider, to bring beauty services to our customer's
in-store. As a CVS Professional Beauty Consultant, you will
evaluated and trained by the Glamsquad Beauty Professional
community and work closely with Glamsquad regional experts. CVS
customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share the
latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and
As a Professional Beauty Consultant you are excited about all
things beauty! You will be responsible for the end-to-end
experience in the Beauty Department and will provide hair styling,
makeup applications, ear piercing and personalized product advice.
You will greet and provide friendly, knowledgeable, sales service
to every customer who enters the beauty zone of the store and
strive to build the best, personalized experience and basket for
Customer Sales Experience
- Seek out customers to ensure they have an amazing beauty
advisor experience through personalized sales service based on
customer needs, productive upselling and suggestive selling, as
well as subsequent follow-up contact to build lasting
- Engage in conversation with each customer as they enter the
beauty zone; listen to and be sensitive of the information shared
by the customer, be cognizant of their needs and provide
specialized sales advice.
- Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought
process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your
verbal skills to generate sales.
- Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail
with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket
- Represent both the CVS and GSQ by Glamsquad brands when
interacting with customers and uphold the highest standards of
- Perform Hair and Makeup services: blowouts, hairstyling and
full or partial makeup application (lip and/or eye enhancement)
- Perform Ear Piercing services (training and certification to be
- Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage,
highlighting features and benefits to help drive purchase
- Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled
services and walk in clients.
- Routinely provide product applications with guests, utilizing
provided application tools and testers.
- Display current and active Cosmetology license during all
working hours as mandated by the state.
- Discuss CVS services, Beauty Club programs and invite customers
to special, in store events and/or explain current promotions to
close the sale of products and services produce the largest sales
- Create and maintain product displays, end caps and display
special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate
and local advertising efforts.
- Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or
events that positively impact business
- Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned
area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene
standards for a positive shopping experience.
- Ensure that all CVS tester sanitation, hazardous waste disposal
and product demo tool cleansing policies are executed in a timely
and compliant manner.
- Compete with yourself to beat service & sales goals
- Participate in ongoing sales, service and trend training with
CVS and Glamsquad to ensure knowledge and skills are modern and
- Maintain a professional appearance in compliance with company
guidelines at all times.
- Be our customer's Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of
the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty
Why You'll Love Working Here!
- Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry
through brand interaction, training and more.
- Gratis. Everyone loves free samples! You will get to take home
lots of great products to try out.
- Fun filled days at the CVS Annual tradeshow. Aspire to be one
of the top Pro Beauty Consultants to earn an invitation to the
annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning, demonstrations and
- You will be helping people on their path to better health. When
people feel good about themselves that translates to the rest of
their lives, and you will make an impact!
- Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology License in the
state in which you will be working
- Must maintain an active Cosmetologist license at all times in
the state you are employed and ensure it is present during working
hours as mandated by that state
- Experience and proficiency in both hair styling and makeup
- Ability to perform ear piercing after training is provided
- Must pass Glamsquad skills assessment to measure hair styling
and makeup application abilities
- Sales oriented or interested in Sales
- Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet
sales and beauty service goals
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication
- Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team
in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and
quickly learning new procedures
- Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs
and events as needed
- Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include
mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and "Peak" Hours
- Nevada Consultants applicants must provide confirmation of a
MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION issued from the
state of Nevada
- In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors
that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
- Must be at least 18 years old
CVS Health requires its Colleagues to be fully vaccinated against
COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable
under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable
accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious
belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least
one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to
provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 10 days
of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be
required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the
first 45 days of your employment. In some states and roles, you may
be required to provide proof of full vaccination before you can
begin to actively work. Failure to provide timely proof of your
COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your
employment with CVS Health.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical
condition, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a
reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your
employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part
of this process, you will be required to provide information or
documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. In some
states and roles, you may be required to have an approved
reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work. If
your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your
employment may be terminated.
- Prior beauty sales experience
- Current knowledge of products and brands
- Strong passion for beauty
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Stand and move throughout the store in order to provide
excellent customer service, including providing services and beauty
consulting, and perform other task work such as stocking and facing
product displays and updating advertising promotions
- Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp
objects, including objects on lower shelves
- Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair
styling, makeup applications, ear piercing)
- Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on
their path to better health. We are working to transform health
care through innovations that make quality care more accessible,
easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together
and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new
approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion
and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting,
hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or
protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic
prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly
support and encourage people with military experience (active,
veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military
spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Keywords: CVS Health Retail, Leesburg , Beauty Consultant, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!