Jr Cybersecurity Analyst
Company: Apex Systems
Posted on: February 21, 2021
If interested please send an updated resume to Sara Valle at
Junior Cybersecurity Analyst Location : Leesburg, VA Job
Description: The Junior Associate Monitoring Analyst supports a
Civilian Agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization
protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. The
work site is located in Leesburg, Virginia.The Junior Associate
Monitoring Analyst responsibilities include:
- Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs)
to identify and document all intrusions and attempted
- Populate and maintain an intrusions database, and provide data
analysis support; analyze data from sensors, network security
devices and applications using the security information event
management systems, log servers, application interfaces and device
- Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of
trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous
- Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident
Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of
- Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
- Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and
reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities,
response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security
- Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior
leadership; provide analysis for correlated information
- Provide liaison to other agency cyber threat analysis entities
such as intra-agency and inter- agency Cyber Threat Working
- Maintaining proficiency in the use and production of
visualization charts, link analysis diagrams, and database
- Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in
deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing
computer network intrusions.
- Associate Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations
based on best practice and experience to develop processes that
will enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.
- Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer
Representative and SOC management. Qualities/Additional info :
Junior Associate Monitoring Analysts supports a 24X7 operation.
Under all risk levels, the backfill of absent Junior Associate
Monitoring Analysts are required for all periods of scheduled and
unscheduled leave. At the direction of the COR, the Contractor may
be required to move personnel shifts in order to support demanding
workloads, especially during core business hours. Associate
Monitoring Analysts should be proven team players with excellent
oral and written communications skills. Associate Monitoring
Analysts should also be a self-starter, capable of working projects
cradle-to-grave, independently if necessary. Frequent interaction
with government client is required. Occasional local travel.
Infrequent ( Job Qualifications: Required Education and
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent
- Minimum six (6) years IT experience AND
- Must have three (3) years experience network security analysis,
using intrusion detection systems.
- Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet
- Knowledge of the Incident Response Lifecycle Preferred
- Firewall administration experience
- Experience with intrusion detection sensors.
- Experience with Security Information Management Tools
- CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to two year
experience) Level of Clearance Required: Department of Defense
Secret ship RequiredEEO Employer Apex Systems is an equal
opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at or - provided by
Keywords: Apex Systems, Leesburg , Jr Cybersecurity Analyst, Professions , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!