Company: Loudoun County Government
Posted on: March 17, 2023
3/10/2023 08:00:00 AM
3/24/2023 11:59:00 PM
Open and Competitive
Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing
counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with
inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the
role of technology in supporting the mission of local
Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology is currently
seeking a Network Architect in the Infrastructure and Network
This position will:
- Designs complex networks, monitoring, connectivity,
integration, and network management systems.
- Review current and new devices, applications, and protocols to
ensure they are compatible.
- Oversee and review high-level designs and architecture to
enforce proper design and integration.
- Review and oversee implementation of new protocols to ensure
compatibility and maintain network stability and
- Coordinate with DIT Security to maintain alignment with network
- Serve as a Network Architect in support of the County network
provide the highest level of customer service.
- Perform network architect tasks related to planning, design,
additions, and upgrades to the network, including LAN, WAN, VoIP,
Internet, Wireless and data networks.
- Act as a senior level architect, providing guidance to
management and Network Engineers.
- Review implementation of projects related to the County Network
and associated systems.
- Respond to design requests in the time frame and manner defined
by the supervisor.
- Perceive, identify, and recommend designs and solutions to
customer related issues.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent
- Review acquisition of equipment and track designs and projects
in support of the data network.
- Provide oversight for the design, integration and
implementation of all County networks, accessories, and other
- Assist with policies and procedures and lead preventative
design and integration activities on all associated
- Coordinate and/or lead tactical and strategic design and
planning efforts for all customer network related needs including
integration and automation of network gear and services.
- Provide regular reports on communications/network systems
architecture and maintain documentation related to network
configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root
We are seeking an individual with:
- Expert level ability to strategically plan the architectural
requirements for systems and associated equipment.
- Make design and integration recommendations associated with
data networks and associated systems.
- Expert in strategic approaches to problem solving, and an
ability to tackle complex issues.
- Demonstrated excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Expert level knowledge of network architecture, Internet, LAN,
WAN, VoIP, VPN and data network routing protocols.
- Expert level understanding of networking technologies
architecture and engineering, including experience with cabling and
collaboration with telecommunications vendors.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
- Ability to align architectural decisions and recommendations to
Salary commensurate with experience.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full
benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a
total rewards package:
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Annual leave
- Longevity Leave
- Sick leave
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Annual Paid Holidays (14.5 per year)
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Virginia529 College Savings Plan
Click here for a full list of County Benefits
Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree
with major coursework in computer science or related field and five
(5) years of professional experience in networking/information
Extreme network related training, or certifications preferred.
- Ability to work in all outdoor conditions (temperature and
- Subject to recall 24/7 to provide critical network and system
- The Network Architect is considered essential personnel.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Background with Fingerprint, Credit Card and DMV Check
RequiredClick on a link below to apply for this position:
Fill out the
Application NOW using the Internet.
If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us
by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.
Keywords: Loudoun County Government, Leesburg , NETWORK ARCHITECT, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...