Company: Lansdowne Resort
Posted on: March 16, 2023
Provide friendly, efficient and hospitable service at the front desk. Provide efficient and friendly check in and check out service. Run the night audit process through the PMS system.
* Greet guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen attentively to understand requests.
* Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information to guest's reservation.
* Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods.
* Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank.
* Accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment. Post charges to guest rooms and/or house accounts as needed.
* Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication.
* Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages, mail and facsimiles for guests as requested.
* Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency.
* Close guest accounts at the time of check out. Ensure guest stay was enjoyable.
* Research and perform revenue audit function.
* Upon completion of audit, input information into general ledger system.
* File paid invoices in night audit packs
* Research and respond to charge inquiries on a timely basis.
* Send copies of guest folios on a timely basis via fax or mail.
* Other projects as assigned
* Provide safety deposit boxes for guests while adhering to operating procedures.
* Preform wake up calls as needed.
* File registration cards in suite number order.
* Operate facsimile machine to send, receive and log incoming transmissions. Notify guests of incoming faxes using the message function on the computer.
* Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* All Associates are required to fully comply with hotel and departmental rules, regulations and policies for the safe, secure, effective and environmentally friendly operation of the hotel facilities. Examples include, but are not limited to lost and found procedures, emergency procedures, recycling efforts, etc.
* Attend and participate in all hotel and/or departmental meetings, training sessions and other information meetings.
* Regular attendance in conformance with hotels standards is essential to the successful performance of this position.
* Comply with hotel grooming standards for both uniformed and non-uniformed associates.
* Comply with hotel service and behavioral standards towards our guests, vendors and fellow colleagues, including, but not limited to ensuring proper phone etiquette, courteous and respectful behavior and maintaining a friendly and positive attitude.
* Perform all other duties as directed by management that are consistent with the policies and procedures of the hotel.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
Significant portions of day require prolonged sedentary work. Ability to visually review documents and computer screen throughout day.
Ability to walk or stand for extended periods of time during course of shift.
Significant portions of daily assignments involve application of manual skills requiring motor coordination in combination with finger dexterity, e.g., typing, handwriting, or machine operations.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, Associates may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Responsible for operating within hotel safety guidelines, including the safe and responsible operation of hotel equipment. Reports and addresses safety concerns as they arise. Ensures safe handling of chemicals in accordance with hotel and department standards and utilizes proper personal protective equipment (PPE) when appropriate.
High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate required. Some college or college degree preferred. Degree in hospitality management preferred.
One year accounting experience. Prior experience within a four star hotel brand preferred.
Computer Skill & Other Technical Skills:
Ability to learn and utilize computer software and hardware required. Ability to easily maneuver on computer keyboard required.
Ability to learn, utilize and communicate effectively via company issued communication devices (e.g. Nextel phones, etc).
Advanced ability to comprehend and speak English to understand and respond to information and address advanced guest requests required both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of additional language(s) preferred.
Licenses or Certifications:
Must be customer-service oriented and have excellent hospitality skills.
Must be able to calculate basic mathematic functions.
Keywords: Lansdowne Resort, Leesburg , Night Auditor, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
here to apply!