Residential Service Worker-Loudoun
Company: Volunteers of America Chesapeake
Posted on: September 16, 2022
We have full-time, part-time, and on-call shifts available -The
Residential Services Worker is responsible for monitoring the
activities of Shelter participants and for ensuring compliance with
program rules and conditions. - He/she is also responsible for
ensuring the safety of participants and the security and sanitation
of the program both at the Center and at faith sites. The
Residential Services Worker also coordinates and provides
transportation as needed. The Residential Services Worker provides
direct support to participants as needed.Qualifications The
successful candidate with a B.A. Degree in Human Services or
related field with 1 year community based social services
experience or other related experience with vulnerable populations
is preferred. - A High School Diploma/GED and at least 2 years
community based social services experience or other related
experience with vulnerable populations is acceptable.Requirements
include the ability to interact and communicate effectively with
others. - The Residential Services Worker must be able to prepare
written reports; monitor and direct program activities; be a
liaison between faith site volunteers, community volunteers, other
VOAC staff and program management, and ensure the safety and
security of program operations.The ability to communicate orally
and in writing effectively is required.This is an awake position at
- This position may require driving program vehicles including a
15 passenger van, as well as your personal vehicle for company
business. - Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria
set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver's license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on
occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal
- May be required to drive a 15 passenger van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained
once employedPRINCIPLE ACTIVITIES:
- Monitor operations of the program and reporting to
- Maintain a comprehensive written record of events in the
program log that occur during shift.
- Maintain participant sign in/out sheets, attendance log as well
as all other logbooks and records.
- Provide intake, assessment and referral as needed to single
homeless individuals applying for overnight housing.
- Review each set of individual intake forms for completion of
individual's data and information having individual sign and
complete staff witness signature and date.
- Set up an attendance form for each person at intake. - -
- Control contraband in facility through general observation,
room and package/purse searches if deemed necessary.
- Ensure facility and faith site cleanliness and monitor
participant cleaning assignments when directed.
- Monitor participant behavior to ensure compliance with VOAC's
- Supervise groups, presentations and life skill programs. Work
with presenter to meet material and space needs and ensure
attendance is taken at each activity.
- Conduct routine inspections of the facility, faith sites and
- Work with contracted bus company drivers to ensure vehicle
capacity and safety.
- Conduct periodic fire drills and perform other safety duties as
directed to ensure safety of participants.
- Provide support to participants as needed.
- Monitor operation of facility and faith site equipment and
report malfunctioning to the Director or at faith sites the lead
- Monitor security of facility, vehicles and faith site
- Attend staff meeting and training as directed.
- Perform duties as outlined in Program Operational
Manual.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The physical requirements described
below are representative of those that must be met by an employee
to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. -
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- The ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to transport
oneself, consumers, and program supplies as necessary.
- The physical ability to travel to assigned locations, stand,
stoop, bend, reach, pull, push, lift, grasp, climb, talk, see, hear
and perform basic and light home maintenance activities, and
operate office equipment. -
- Move and lift light objects up to 30 pounds such as mail,
supplies, files, and equipment.
- Operating office equipment requiring continuous or repetitive
- The ability to remain in a sitting position for extended
periods of time.EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Ensures a safe, secure and efficient facility and program 24
hours a day.
- Ensures safety of clients, faith volunteers and staff in fire
and other emergencies.
- Ensures clients' compliance with VOAC policies and rules.
- Encourages the clients' successful completion of the
program.OTHER DUTIES:Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice. -
Keywords: Volunteers of America Chesapeake, Leesburg , Residential Service Worker-Loudoun, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!