Incident Handler (Incident Response)
Company: General Dynamics
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA VA Leesburg - 991 Sycolin Rd (VAC048)
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ111454
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
The Incident Handler supports a Civilian Agency Cyber Security
Operations Center (SOC) organization protecting the network
security of tens of thousands of users. The work site is located in
The Incident Handler responsibilities include:
* Receive, document, and report cyber security events.
* Categorize incidents and implement corresponding escalation
* Communicate and coordinate incident response efforts.
* Conduct daily operational update meetings for SOC staff and
unscheduled situational update briefings for FAA leaders.
* Analyze reports to understand threat campaign(s) techniques,
lateral movements and extract indicators of compromise (IOCs).
* Provide telephone, e-mail and ticket service to customers.
* Reference applicable departmental and operating administration
policies in work products
* Access, secure and inspect local classified information
* Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer
Representative and SOC management.
Qualities/Additional info : Incident Handler will be part of a team
covering (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week, three hundred
sixty five (365) days per year, incident handling capability.
Incident Handler must be a proven team player with excellent oral
and written communications skills. Incident Handler must be capable
of working on projects independently. Frequent interaction with
government client is required. Candidate must have previous
experience working in a network security incident response team,
such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency
Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT),
Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident
Response Center (CSIRC). Infrequent (
Required Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.
* Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
* In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
* Minimum four (4) years IT experience AND
* Must have with at least one year of network security
* Experience working in a network security environment, such as a
Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team
(CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident
Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center
* Exceptional writing and documentation skills.
Clearance: Secret Clearance Desired but not required
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
USA VA Leesburg
Additional Work Locations:
COVID-19 Vaccination: GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate
applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of
its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however,
GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend
on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics, Leesburg , Incident Handler (Incident Response), Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!