Business Development Associate/Internal Wholesaler
Company: Advisor Group
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
Advisor Group Careers
Be a part of the team behind our success! At Advisor Group, we
support financial professionals nationwide, the people who help
everyday Americans achieve their dreams. We're a billion-dollar
business with the mentality and drive of a startup. Join us in
building something special.
Highland Capital Brokerage Business Development Opportunity
Business Development Associate/Internal Wholesaler (Remote
Type: Full Time
We currently have an opening for a Business Development
Associate/Internal Wholesaler at Highland Capital Brokerage. This
position may be a remote position or work in one of our
The Business Development Associate (BDA) acts as a primary support
partner for assigned Signature Vice Presidents. The BDA is focused
on deepening relationships and maximizing the opportunities from
the VPs he/ she partners with. BDAs work with their assigned VPs to
provide presale assistance including case design, product
selection, illustrations, application fulfillment, producer
training, etc. They also proactively provide sales ideas via
outbound communications, nurturing relationships, and delivering
organizational assistance to enhance the volume and efficiency of
the business pipeline. The BDA is the first in line if their
partner VPs are unavailable and must be able to provide the same
assistance and guidance as a VP would.
The Business Development Associate must be a team player with
strong communication skills and an ability to work both
independently and collaboratively with others. The role often
requires interaction with other job families as BDAs are called
upon to marshal resources available from elsewhere within
Highland's national enterprise. Signature VPs may rely on their
BDAs to perform a variety of different tasks for different
customers, so organizational skills and a diversity of strengths
are key. Equally as important is a sense of urgency and attention
to detail to ensure services provided are prompt, accurate and meet
all required compliance and Service Level Agreements guidelines.
BDAs must possess strong written and verbal communication skills in
order to provide pertinent information on product recommendations,
explanations as to why recommendations were made, as well as
guidance regarding the application process, and strategies on how
Highland can best support the producer.
* Work with Signature VPs to understand the needs of their top
* Establish credibility and build rapport with key stakeholders
(including producers, back offices, internal counterparts, carrier
and strategic partner resources, and Highland associates from other
job families) by providing best in class service while assisting
advisors in selecting the carriers and products that will best meet
their clients' needs.
* Proactively identify opportunities by making outbound calls to
educate the field as well as potential and existing producers on
new products and planning initiatives that will help them grow
* Use communication skills to pinpoint the client needs and deliver
a customized solution and alternatives to internal Highland VPs
and/or external advisors that consider client objectives, known
health history, special funding alternatives, information about
competition, carrier specific strengths, etc.
* Use proprietary and third-party software solutions to produce
life insurance illustrations, revisions, and sales presentations
that are both timely and accurate.
* Follow-up with stakeholders to determine if illustrations meet
their needs and also to help complete the sale or inquire about
additional current opportunities.
* Solid life insurance product knowledge with the ability to
explain competitive product landscape, basic sales concepts, field
underwriting, e-solutions, and other resources available at
Highland in a clear and concise manner, either in writing or
* Schedule and execute meaningful virtual presentations to drive
* Analyze In-Force details including status, conversion credits,
current values, premium schedule, etc. to describe the current
disposition of a policy and present alternative solutions.
* Provide training, assistance, and promotion to producers, staff,
and Sales Vice Presidents in utilizing the resources available
* Download and forward marketing materials and necessary forms as
* Create and send DocuSign envelopes to electronically collect
signatures from clients and/or producers.
* Streamline the application process by prefilling applications and
noting for signature, offering to start electronic applications,
and assisting institutional FAs with firm-specific compliance
requirements where needed.
* Maintain broad knowledge of life insurance product landscape as
it pertains to available products, carrier illustration software,
marketing resources, sales ideas. Stays current on the competitive
marketplace by participating in educational opportunities,
attending webinars, etc.
* Receive signed applications from the field and review for
high-level accuracy before forwarding to New Business for
* Log all activity - illustrations, calls, meetings, etc. - into
CRM system per established HCB guidelines and procedures.
* Store illustrations in a manner consistent with established
protocols maintained throughout the enterprise.
* All other duties as assigned
* H.S. Diploma or equivalent (GED) required
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent financial industry experience
The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, organized, creative,
proactive, and thrive in dynamic and fast-paced environments.
* 3 or more years sales/sales support experience in life Insurance
* Multi carrier insurance product experience
* Demonstrated experience with illustration software (e.g.,
Winflex, Ensights, Carrier specific is preferred)
* High sense of urgency; Capacity to prioritize workload and work
in a fast-paced environment
* Flexible and professional demeanor
* Ability to quickly grasp Highland's purpose and mission and
convey that knowledge to potential candidates
* Expertise in conducting detailed and comprehensive candidate
* Life Insurance License
* FINRA SIE, Series 6/7 and 63 License
* Industry designations, including CLU, CHFC, and CFP
Current Employees and Contractors Apply Here
Keywords: Advisor Group, Leesburg , Business Development Associate/Internal Wholesaler, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!