Posted on: May 9, 2022
Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom
Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc.,
and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial,
Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class
Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly
seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide
our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and
collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality
product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and
recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in
the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our
success. That's why we provide team members a career (not just a
job), supported by learning and development opportunities, and a
positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of
a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees
are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong
relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and
inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company's
What We Offer:
* Competitive Pay
* Rewarding Bonus Program
* Comprehensive Benefits Package with Tax-Advantaged HSA and FSA
* Employer-Paid Short and Long Term Disability Programs
* Employer-Paid Life Insurance
* Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Fully Paid Parental Leave
* Voluntary Products including: Pet Insurance, Critical Illness
Insurance and Accident Insurance
* Corporate Wellness Program with Wellness Time Off and Rewards
The Weitz Company is seeking a Jobsite Secretary to be located on
mission critical projects.
The Jobsite Secretary interfaces with the office and field
personnel to ensure all paperwork is accomplished in a timely and
accurate fashion. This position receives visitors and answers
incoming phone calls. The Jobsite Secretary typically reports to
the Project Superintendent or Project Manager.
What You'll Do:
* Greet and assist visitors to the site, including owner customers
(or potential customers), vendors, delivery personnel,
subcontractors, and salespeople in a friendly and professional
manner. Assist each visitor expeditiously.
* On a daily basis, receive, sort, read, and distribute mail
expeditiously. Prepare all outgoing mail including envelopes,
letters of transmittal, and overnight packages.
* Receive, date, and log all drawings and transmittals.
* Type correspondence, weekly job meeting minutes, and reports for
all team members
* Maintain accurate and comprehensive job files in a neat and
* Coordinate with the superintendent the completion of daily
reports, equipment reports, and schedule updates.
* Support all team members in performance of their assigned safety
* Assemble receiving tickets for all site deliveries and submit to
the main office weekly.
* Assign job number, work package, and cost codes to accounting
documents prior to processing payment.
* Communicate with vendors on matters related to payment or lien
* Maintain jobsite time logs and convert them to employee time
sheets upon completion of each pay period.
* Cross-check all cost codes used against existing codes; flag and
resolve any incorrect codes.
* Report equipment usage in a timely manner.
* Obtain labor quantities from the field staff and submit
* Aid in the tracking of purchases, job accounts, and the cost
coding of all job invoices.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
What We're Looking For:
* Education: A high school diploma is necessary for this position;
college coursework is helpful.
* Experience: Must possess two years of experience.
* Skills: Independent judgement, excellent organizational skills,
and the flexibility to coordinate multiple projects with frequent
interruptions are necessary skills for this position. A qualified
candidate will possess excellent public relations skills and be
able to maintain a pleasant and positive attitude, even in
difficult situations. Tact and poise are essential. Being able to
recognize frequent callers both on the telephone and in person is
* Technology: Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is
necessary, as are good typing and general office skills.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms
or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company
without a prior written search agreement will be considered
unsolicited and the property of the Company. Please, no phone calls
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment (minorities, females, veterans, individuals with
disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other
protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws).
The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background
checks are required if applicable.
Keywords: Weitz, Leesburg , Jobsite Secretary, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!