Special Education Teacher ($5,000 Sign-On Bonus)
Company: New Story Schools
Posted on: September 6, 2021
Rivermont, is a subsidiary of New Story
Schools, which is an educational organization comprised of
special education schools in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Ohio, New
Jersey, and Massachusetts. We offer an academic learning
environment integrated with behavior support services for students
diagnosed with autism or emotional/behavioral disorders. Our
multidisciplinary teams collaborate with families, school districts
and community partners to empower children in overcoming challenges
and creating new stories in their lives.
Do you have a passion for education and being a part of a
mission-driven organization? Do you want to join a
fast-growing company with excellent benefits, such as tuition
reimbursement, generous paid time off, and so much more?
Rivermont, a New Story School in
Springfield, VA is currently seeking a
qualified Special Education Teacher to
play an integral role in the success of our students. The position
provides academic instruction and mentors students in a team
environment, under the clinical supervision of a BCBA/BCaBA.
Special Education Teachers are responsible for overseeing the
classroom team, including the dynamics and functioning of all staff
within their classroom to fulfill the individual curriculum and
self-care needs of the students. ($5,000
- Work collaboratively with members of the multidisciplinary team
to develop/design and implement appropriate services.
- Provide appropriate guidance, leadership and direction to staff
within the classroom.
- Use research-based classroom strategies that are grounded in
higher-order thinking, problem-solving, and real-world connections
for all students.
- Evaluate and assess student mastery of content to make
- Communicate student achievements and progress to students,
parents, and others.
- Assist in the collection of quality indicator data
- Maintain student confidentiality per agency policy. FERPA/HIPAA
privacy rule regulations, and student/counselor
Eligible New Story School Employees will receive:
- Competitive pay and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account
- Tuition credit program for eligible dependents
- Employee Discount Program
- Rewards program which allows you to earn points to purchase
New Story Schools is proud to be an equal
opportunities employer and embraces diversity in the workplace. We
are also committed to providing a drug-free, safe workplace for our
employees and the students we serve. For more information about
New Story Schools careers and benefits, please
visit our website https://newstoryschools.com/careers
- 3 year(s): Experience working with children with
behavior/learning disorders is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications
Keywords: New Story Schools, Leesburg , Special Education Teacher ($5,000 Sign-On Bonus), Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!