This full-time exempt level position is responsible for
compliance with corporate, federal, and state safety policies.
Develops training materials, conducts safety training, and new hire
orientation. Conducts on site safety observations and inspections,
audits and training needs assessments all while working in
accordance with Allan Myers policies, procedures, and programs.
This position requires extensive travel/commute to and from field
sites; work locations for assignments are subject to change.
- Conducts site observations for safety compliance and adheres to
- Assists Operations with pre-planning safety into all situations
through risk-assessment, job hazard analysis, identifying hazards,
and putting in place controls.
- Readies and provides training documentation and other materials
to ensure worksites have required OSHA, MSHA, and DOT documentation
in place (i.e. hazcom, rigging, cranes, excavation, scaffolds,
- Develops training materials for specific site hazards based on
site visit needs assessments.
- Performs incident investigations.
- Develops and assists with site specific Toolbox Talks, Safety
Flashes, and monthly training modules.
- Conducts Subcontractor Safe starts and assists worksites in
overseeing subcontractor safety compliance and performance.
- Conducts, develops, and oversees all OSHA and MSHA inspections
and related training.
- Conducts new hire orientation and post-accident drug
- Attends Morning Huddles and participates in project planning
- Attends and participates in dynamic stretching at the work
- Provides safety expertise to Project Team and in jobsite
- Where necessary, purchases safety equipment.
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certification:
- HSE/Safety related Bachelors degree and 3-5 years of experience
in a HSE/Safety role; OR no degree with 2-5 years of experience in
Heavy Civil construction.
- Valid drivers license required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must be able to travel overnight or long distances on
- Must possess a willingness to learn and adapt to change.
- Ability to work under deadlines and pressure.
- Must possess excellent communication (verbal/written) & time
- Knowledge of OSHA, MSHA, and DOT regulations preferred.
- Must be detail oriented.
Our Company Does Work That Matters
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction and
materials production contractor in the mid-Atlantic. We build
infrastructure: the highways and bridges that connect cities and
towns, the public water and wastewater systems that provide clean
water to your home and keep our streams clean. We take pride in
meeting the highest quality standards because it ensures our work
will have a long-lasting positive impact on the community.
Our Family is Strong and Growing
We employ more than 2,100 men and women. Our reputation for
Better, Faster, Safe performance continues to bring us tremendous
success. To keep up with rising demand for our products and
services, we need to hire many more hard-working, ambitious people
to fill hourly and salaried positions. Join our elite team, learn
and grow with us, and we will provide a pathway to the American
Dream for you and your family.
Your Future is a Career Not a Job
As a family-owned company, we attract the best workers in the
industry because we treat every person as a family member. That
means we practice care and concern for one anothers safety and
well-being. We pay well and provide generous benefits. We offer
extensive training and promote from within. If you have the drive,
we will help you build a career in the thriving construction
industry and reach your full potential.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.