Company: Books-A-Million, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The General Manager is responsible for the day to day operation
of Books-A-Million stores as a Manager On Duty in conjunction with
the management team to maximize sales and customer service. The
General Manager also oversees the execution of all aspects of store
operations by providing effective leadership, achieving maximum
sales and profits, controlling budgetary expenses, and managing the
store team through training and development.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maximizes sales, profits, and customer service by leading the
store team and operating the store in adherence with all Company
policy and guidelines.
- Plans, organizes, and directs store activities with the
assistance of other store management.
- Ensures highest level of customer service and handles customer
complaints to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Ensures efficient product flow within the store.
- Recruits and hires talent for the store team.
- Coaches, trains, and develops the Management staff.
- Facilitates effective communication to all store Associates
through Daily Briefings, weekly and monthly meetings.
- Creates the store schedule to provide adequate coverage for all
aspects of the store.
- Enhances store's reputation by establishing and maintaining
good community relations and partnerships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- 21 years of age or older.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, college degree in
business related field preferred.
- Previous management experience required.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a mature and conscientious
- Ability to supervise a large number of associates.
- Strong decision making, communication and merchandising
- Successful completion of all required background
Physical and Environmental Requirements
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of
- Must be able to use hands/arms to operate keyboard, telephone
and for repetitive motion activities.
- Must be able to lift or team lift objects up to 50 lbs., with
or without assistance.
- Must be able to communicate using speech, sight, and sound with
or without assistive device.
- Must be able to stand, walk, climb, bend, stoop or crouch while
performing daily activities of the job.
Keywords: Books-A-Million, Inc., Leesburg , General Manager, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!