Account Manager (Middle Market)
Company: BRP Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Account Manager serves as a technical resource for clients,
advisors, Insurance Company Partners and prospects while providing
prompt, efficient, high-quality service for designated
- Responsible for gathering the information and risk management
recommendations for renewals and for delivering renewals and/or
binders as needed.
- Manages all policy activity aspects of assigned accounts
including endorsements and invoicing.
- Presents risks to the insurance marketplace for quoting.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when
interacting with clients, the organization and Insurance Company
Partners to minimize potential for errors and omissions
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes,
changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Determines
acceptability and placement, completes applications or
endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of
insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone
prior to renewal.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit
for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business
using prospect database and automation system.
- Cultivates strong relationships with Insurance Company Partners
and is responsible for knowing carrier requirements and
- Looks for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment
and processes. Brings issues and discrepancies to appropriate
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Obtain and maintain a state insurance license or other state
insurance license(s), as required by the State Department of
Insurance to provide risk management consulting or risk transfer
solutions as necessary in states where the firm functions (or be
willing and able to obtain all required licenses within the first
90 days of employment).
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Must possess at least 5 - 7 years' experience and demonstrated
proficiency in Commercial Account Management.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills through verbal and
- Exhibits excellent client service and problem-solving
- Can comfortably work in a team environment.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and the ability to learn any other
appropriate insurance company and firm software programs.
- Demonstrates the organization's core values, exuding behavior
that is aligned with corporate culture.
Special Working Conditions:
Fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Some travel may be required.
This position description is intended to describe the level of
work required of the person performing in the role and is not a
contract. The essential responsibilities are outlined; other duties
may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the
organization. All requirements may be modified to reasonably
accommodate physically or mentally challenged colleagues.
Keywords: BRP Group, Inc., Leesburg , Account Manager (Middle Market), Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!