Fire Alarm Technician 2 - Leesburg, VA
Company: M.C. Dean, Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
M.C. Dean is Building Intelligence. We design, build, operate,
and maintain cyber-physical solutions for the nation's most
recognizable mission-critical facilities, secure environments,
complex infrastructure, and global enterprises.
Our success relies on great people delivering innovative
projects and solutions for Fortune 100 companies and the most
recognized agencies in government, defense, and security.
Join our more than 4,500 employees worldwide who engineer and
deploy automated, secure, and resilient power and technology
systems; and deliver the management platforms essential for
long-term system sustainability. Together we are creating the
integrated systems and technologies that shape the built and
We offer an excellent benefits package including:
- A competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Paid-time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Military Reserve pay offset
- Paid maternity leave
The Fire Alarm Technician 2 provides high quality customer
support through on-site service, complex troubleshooting,
programming, installation and maintenance services of various FA
Systems under little to none supervision.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and perform testing and inspection of large fire alarm
systems per NFPA and local code standards, noting existing and
- Perform complete site surveys for potential PM inspections and
FA system changes/modifications, prepare corresponding
- Program and service fire alarm systems of various models;
- Troubleshoot various FA systems including Notifier, Siemens,
Edwards, Gamewell, Honeywell, Firelite, etc.
- Perform mid-size FA system upgrades and installation based on
provided drawings and submittals;
- Perform pre-testing and final inspections for assigned
- Perform PITCO activities;
- Complete job-related documents including ROC, Test Forms
- Be on rotation to respond to afterhours service calls as
scheduled by supervisor;
- Ensure compliance with all applicable codes and standards.
- Perform online research, installation manuals, manufacture
manuals to determine materials requirements and installation
- Provide training to apprentices and crewmembers.
- MS Office Suite of products
- Calculations - Battery Sizing, Voltage Drop
- Silent Knight FA programming software
- Keypad programming for various FA Systems
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE OR EQUIVALENT
- 5 years of relevant experience or
- 2 years technology degree and 3 years of relevant
- High School Diploma (required)
PHISICAL AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS & OTHER SKILLS
- Lift at least 100 pounds at one time and 60 pounds for an
extended period of time;
- Relocate a 12 foot stepladder without assistance;
- Work at various heights up to 60 feet and can climb and
maintain balance on scaffolds, aerial lifts, catwalks and all types
- Walk, climb, lift, squat, crawl, kneel, push, pull and reach
overhead on a routine and repetitive basis.
- Possess good vision (may be corrected vision), the ability to
see in color, and the ability to hear and communicate in
- May use a standard ladder without exceeding the weight limit
while carrying tools;
- Work overtime as directed by supervisor;
- Must be willing to work on M.C. Dean, Inc. projects
- Must be able to pass a background check;
- Must be able to pass random drug screening;
- Must have valid driver's license, good driving records to
operate a MC Dean vehicle as part of this job requirement;
- Must consistently report to work on time, work well with other
employees to accomplish a common goal, and maintain a safe work
- Advanced troubleshooting including researching online, system
manuals to resolve problems;
- Knowledge of NFPA 72, NEC, Fire Alarm System Theory, OSHA
Requirements, and Industry Standards for Fire Alarm systems
- Possess NICE Fire Alarm Systems Level II or
- Pass NICET II exam within 60 days of employment
- Ability to obtain US clearance.
- Above average level of attention to detail and professional
- Commitment to excellence and a high quality of work.
- Ability to function in a controlled, effective manner under
- High level of customer service.
- Strong desire to continuously increase your skill set and take
on more responsibility.
- Above average communication skills with customers, other field
personnel, office staff and sub-contractors
Keywords: M.C. Dean, Inc., Leesburg , Fire Alarm Technician 2 - Leesburg, VA, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!