Math and Science Department Head
Company: Fusion Academy
Posted on: February 20, 2021
About the Organization Fusion Academy is a revolutionary
alternative, accredited private school for grades 6-12 that offers
a fully individualized classroom: one student, one teacher. As the
nationwide leader in one to one schooling, Fusion Academy has
campuses throughout the country.
Every student at Fusion is unique - some students are accelerated
learners; some need flexible scheduling; and others have special
learning needs due to attention challenges, learning differences,
or social and emotional difficulties. No matter why students come
to Fusion, our model is simple - through compassion and acceptance,
Fusion students learn on their terms, on their schedule, and in
their learning style.
Our model is a unique academic program offering services year-round
on a rolling admissions basis. Our environment is highly personal
and socially inclusive. Equal emphasis is placed on students'
emotional well-being as it is on academic achievements. In addition
to full time enrollment, students at Fusion Academy may take a
class for credit or enroll in our tutoring/mentoring program.
The Fusion culture offers a special place to work, teach, and
learn. Fusionites are a special brand of educators--they are
creative, passionate, embrace change, and have fun! They
communicate honestly and with compassion to both students and
colleagues. People join the Fusion family for more than just a
paycheck; they seek to work with peers who share these values. And
because Fusion is growing rapidly, we offer considerable
opportunity for career advancement throughout the country.
Location Loudoun Description **POSITION STARTS ON OR ABOUT MARCH 1,
Position Summary:The Fusion Math and Science (STEM) departmend head
will provide support and guidance for teachers, focusing on
creative, standards-based, and differentiated instructional
practices and overall high quality education. It is part of a
Fusion Department Head's mission to strive for excellence in their
academic subject areas, stay abreast of and bring visibility to
best practices within the given field, and to uphold a culture of
accountability and professionalism.Your Day to Day:
- Hold teachers accountable for excellence in teaching, accurate
record keeping, and overall high-quality and professional daily
- Guide teachers in a process of professional reflection and goal
- Conduct routine observations and walkthroughs of all teachers
in the department and provide constructive feedback responding to
the professional growth goals of each teacher.
- Conduct routine file checks to serve as accountability measures
in meeting required documentation and deadlines.
- Assist teachers in meeting target growth by providing resources
- Participate in the on-boarding and training of new teachers
within the department
- Develop resources and best practices in the content areas.
- Hold monthly department meetings to collaborate and calibrate
policies and practices within the department.
- Provide teachers with ongoing support as a go-to for
instructional ideas, parent communication, and assistance in the
- Contribute to and benefit from the campus community as leader.
- Assist in the planning of campus events, such as field trips or
- Participate in the hiring of new teachers and the exit of those
moving on by acting as transitional support. Conduct mock teaching
interviews as needed to assess applicant fit.
- Maintain positive and regular communication with leadership to
align campus-wide efforts for continual improvement.
- Set standards of professionalism, accountability, creativity,
and fun through everyday role-modeling.
- Practice Professionalism through engaging in ongoing
professional development, particularly with respect to leadership
development and maintaining a practice of professional reflection
for growth. Position Requirements What you bring to the team:
- Bachelor's degree is required.
- Relevant academic experience, preferably at the middle school
or high school level, is desired.
- Self-directed, proactive, intelligent, knowledge of curriculum
and assessment, multi-tasker, problem solving skills, professional
written and verbal communication skills, ability to connect to
students with patience and compassion.
- Consistently positive attitude, strong teamwork, passionate,
genuine, organized, internally motivated, service orientation,
proactively strengthens family and peer relationships, open minded
and open hearted.
- Expertise in the relevant subject area.
- Understand learning differences and emotional
- Ability to mentor as a positive role model.
- Understand and support each student's Formal Education Plan
- Commitment to continuous improvement.
- Project a positive image. Number of Openings 1
Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time and/or Part-Time Exempt/Non-Exempt
Non-Exempt This position is currently accepting applications.
Keywords: Fusion Academy, Leesburg , Math and Science Department Head, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!