Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Posted on: January 12, 2020
Type of Requisition:PipelineClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:Suitability:Public
Trust/Other Required:Job Family:Cyber SecurityJob Description:Job
DescriptionThe Associate Monitoring Analyst responsibilities
- Support monitoring of all Information Assurance Devices (IADs)
to identify and document all intrusions and attempted
- Document of evidence of system security compromise, generate of
trend reports, and collect evidence of malicious or anomalous
- Report security incidents and/or network intrusions to Incident
Handlers for dissemination to appropriate DOT points of
- Identify anomalous and malicious activity.
- Contribute to content creation, prioritize, rank and escalated
- Provide support in the detection, response, mitigation, and
reporting of cyber threats affecting client networks.
- Maintain an understanding of the current vulnerabilities,
response, and mitigation strategies used in cyber security
- Assist in producing status reports and briefs to senior
leadership; provide analysis for correlated information
- Analyze and report cyber threats as well as assist in
deterring, identifying, monitoring, investigating and analyzing
computer network intrusions.
- Associate Monitoring Analysts must provide recommendations
based on best practice and experience to develop processes that
will enhance efficiencies needed to perform the above.Job
Qualifications:Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum six (6) years of relevant professional experience.
- In addition to required education or equivalent experience;
- Minimum six (6) years IT experience- Experience with IDS/IPS
(Sourcefire/Firepower or Snort preferred)- Experience with SIEM
tools (ArcSight preferred)
- Must have three (3) years experience network security analysis,
using intrusion detection systems.
- Must have experience conducting analysis at the packet level.
- Experience with netflow data and analysis (Netwitness Packets
preferred)- Experience with packet analysis
- CISSP and/or SANS/GIAC Certification (equivalent to two year
experienceScheduled Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:Telecommuting
Options:Work Location:USA VA LeesburgAdditional Work Locations:We
are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Leesburg , Associate Monitoring, Other , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!