Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: August 6, 2019
Northrop Grumman Software and Digital Technologies is looking for a
highly motivated software engineer to join our fast growing team
working on cutting edge SIGINT systems. Our software engineers work
in a variety of systems primarily focused on hardware to software
interfacing and integration. We require strong C/C++ software
coding skills and a familiarity with hardware integration and
troubleshooting. Strong low-level debugging skills are also
necessary. All of the programs in our area are growing and requires
everyone involved to continue to evolve as new programs and
technologies are added.
The Embedded Software Engineer (E-SWE) in this position will be
part of a team responsible for the implementation and maintenance
of new technologies and capabilities for our customer.
Responsibilities include software design, embedded software
development, unit test via simulation drivers or with mocked
hardware, application and/or processing algorithms, software and
hardware system integration, troubleshooting, re-factoring,
hands-on build and test, operations and maintenance support,
training, and production activities.
The E-SWE will collaborate with hardware, network, communications,
and systems engineers in the planning, design, development, and
utilization of signal processing systems to ensure availability and
reliability of multiple operational assets.
This is an ideal job for one who enjoys working on a wide variety
of technical challenges. In addition, the diversity of tools and
languages used by the software development team and the high growth
rate of the software portfolio provide ample career growth
opportunities for ambitious staff.
The Principal Embedded Software Engineer role will be located in
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must
minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed
* Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 5 years' applicable experience
required. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in
lieu of a degree.
* Active or ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI security clearance
* C/C++ Development Experience.
* Scripting experience (i.e. Python, Perle, etc.).
* Experience with networking protocols: TCP/IP, IPv4, UDP.
* Low-level debugging experience.
* Unix/Linux operating system experience.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills
will be given preferential consideration:
* Candidates with a broad range of interest or experience in
SIGINT/Geolocation systems is a plus.
* Experience with Network configuration, protocols, and
* Device Driver development experience.
* Hardware integration experience.
* Loading and starting software on customer circuit boards.
* Performance profiling, and optimization.
* Experience with VxWorks, Java, Matlab, Windows.
* Experience with CM tools including Git (or equivalent), Atlassian
tool suite (or equivalent).
XML, and Wildfly.
* Experience with Selenium automated testing application (or
equivalent).Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a
diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without
regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran
status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete
EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit
www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Leesburg , Principal Embedded Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!