ROR Software Engineer IV
Posted on: April 19, 2019
Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, the Software
Engineer IV is responsible for supporting the implementation and
maintenance of our products, working as part of a cross-functional
team to build new features while maintaining the overall quality of
At Cofense, we're searching for amazing engineers to join our team.
Our company provides end-to-end cyber-defense solutions that help
protect organizations and their employees from the vast and growing
threat posed by phishing-related attacks. We're expanding rapidly
and looking for talented engineers, like you, that care about
building great products that solve big problems.
In this role, you will work as part of a cross-functional team to
build new features while maintaining the overall quality of our
applications. Working in an agile team environment, you will apply
your knowledge and experience to establish standards, ensure code
quality, and mentor others. Our approach to software delivery is
ambitious, and asks for regular and active participation in
defining the "what" and the "how".
As a senior engineer, we'd like to see the following traits from
you: technical capability, leadership, and community. For more
insight into our thoughts on this topic, please see The Conjoined
Triangles of Senior-Level Development
* A continuous review of overall test quality, test coverage, and
* Implement new features that emphasize clarity, robustness, and
* Mentor others through pairing, code reviews, and regular
* Establish coding standards, driving best patterns and
* Assist with planning efforts assessing technical feasibility of
new product features.
* An effective communicator, you will work collaboratively and
constructively with others in the team and broader
* Work with the Principal Engineer to support proper architectural
oversight of the product.
* Rotating on-call duties with other team members.
* Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not
a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment
with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment
is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job
description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Deep knowledge of Ruby and Ruby on Rails.
* A test-centric approach to development, in order to build and
deploy with confidence.
* Comfortable at the command line, and with advanced git
* Longstanding familiarity with the Ruby and Rails communities --
you stay on top of current news and changes to the language and
* Good understanding of application security and common
vulnerabilities as expressed by the OWASP Top 10.
Education and/or Additional Experience:
* Production experience in another language beyond Ruby and
* At least 2+ years of recent production experience developing and
deploying large-scale Rails applications.
* Experience with relational databases and SQL outside of ORMs like
* At least 8+ years of professional experience in software
* Have participated in an organization using an Agile-based
approach to software delivery
* Experience in a multi-team organization and can articulate the
strategies, tools, and methods in support of an SOA approach to
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Have taken part in building a software appliance or on-premise
* Competitive salary
* 401k with company match
* Telecom bonus
* US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not
limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
marital status, genetic information or any other status or
characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or
local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all
aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training,
compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Cofense, Leesburg , ROR Software Engineer IV, IT / Software / Systems , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!