Principal Engineer Systems Architecture - Ashburn VA
Posted on: May 7, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... Verizon has a challenging
opportunity for a Principal Engineer with the ability to perform
architecture design and implementation engineering duties. This
Principal Engineer will be a member of the team that is responsible
for providing complete front-to-end engineering, implementation and
support of solutions involving, but not limited to, WAN, LAN, WLAN,
Security and Virtual technologies. Responsibilities may
- Providing technical support to project planning team for the
design, development and implementation of proposals.
- Tier III/Tier IV technical support to Tier II for the above
specified vendor equipment as well as others.
- Designing, writing and executing various test plans on
commercial and in-house developed network elements using state of
the art test tools and hardware.
- Writing whitepapers, delivering presentations and
demonstrations of the solutions/processes in response to customer
requirements/interest in new technologies/products in support of
customer networks.Where you'll be working...In this worksite-based
role, you'll work onsite at a defined location, Ashburn, VA. What
we're looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a
condition of employment.
- Willingness to travel.Even better if you have one or more of
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with focus on Software,
Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering,
Telecommunications, or Network Technology.
- Seven or more years of network engineering experience.
- Three or more years of systems integration and test
- Ability to use of scripting languages to create automated
scripts (e.g., Python, shell, bash).
- Ability to use test automation software.
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to participate in problem-solving and in the defect
- Ability to work individually and in teams.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to decipher highly technical data.
- Ability to multi-task in an ever-changing work
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with the following vendor equipment: Cisco and
Juniper routers, Gigamon appliances, Palo Alto, Juniper and Cisco
firewalls, and F5 or other load balancer.
- Knowledge of SMTP email protocol and DNS protocol.
- In-depth working knowledge of TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, VPN, and IP
routing protocols (OSPF, BGP). Equal Employment Opportunity We're
proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Internal ID: 592851PandoLogic. , Location: Leesburg, VA -
Keywords: Verizon, Leesburg , Principal Engineer Systems Architecture - Ashburn VA, IT / Software / Systems , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!