Registered Nurse (RN) in Leesburg, VA (RN )
Company: Hire Velocity
Posted on: March 11, 2023
Psychiatric-Mental Health opening in Leesburg, Virginia.
Registered Nurse (RN) Opportunity - Psychiatric Hospital 7P-7A 87
bed psychiatric facility in VA that offers mental health services
to adolescent patients.
SUMMARY: To provide nursing care, treatment, planning, directing,
implementing, and evaluating of children, adolescent patients (age
7 to 17 years) as prescribed by the physician; to provide
supervision, safety and crisis management for the patient
population; to complete documentation of patient s medical and
behavioral status; to adhere to the scheduled activities; role
model positive, mature behavior; utilize evidence based practices
minimize patient crisis and maximize patient outcomes and safety.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in the implementation of the treatment plan for each
patient, by completing all required documentation.
- Assists in providing safe delivery of care to meet the goals
and objectives of each patient s plan of care.
- Responds to crisis situations and aids in management of patient
behaviors in accordance with the Behavioral Management
- Responds and guides intervention to patients experiencing
behavioral or medical crisis in collaboration with the nursing
administration and Physician.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled unit meetings and
- Serve as a role model for patients.
- Approaches clients within the milieu from a trauma informed
care perspective and maintains therapeutic boundaries.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Provides nursing care based on the nursing process.
- Provides nursing care in accordance with facility policies and
- Monitors, reports, and documents the patients behavior and
- Administers medications and implements treatments/procedures
per Physician orders in and compliance with facility policies and
- Reports accurately and concisely to oncoming shifts regarding
conditions of patients.
- Rotate shifts and programs as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information.
- Exhibit mental and emotional ability to understand and perform
the essential functions of the job.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and good computer
- Ability to work with others as a team.
- Basic clerical skills. Basic experience with office equipment
(telephone, copy machine, and fax).
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out
written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable
in standardized situations.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow
instructions, and to accept constructive criticism when
circumstances warrant such action.
- Posse patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as
well as the willingness to interact with patients with varying
levels of cognitive functioning.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity and the ability to work effectively with patients,
personnel, and support agencies. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Graduated from an accredited school of nursing with a current
Registered Nursing License in the state of Virginia. One year
nursing experience and six month in mental health setting
- BSN preferred
- CPR and First Aid/AED certification, or able to complete
- Current driver s licensure with a good driving record. Offers
comprehensive benefits for the Registered Nurse (RN) position, such
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(K) with company match and discounted stock plan
- Career development opportunities
Keywords: Hire Velocity, Leesburg , Registered Nurse (RN) in Leesburg, VA (RN ), Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...