Registered Nurse Fellow - Medical Surgical Unit
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Inova Loudoun Hospital is hiring a full time Registered Nurse
Fellow to join their Medical Surgical Team! We are offering a Sign
On Bonus of up to $20k as well as a Relocation Bonus for eligible
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Fellow, you will communicate effectively
with patients, families, team members and medical providers. To
help achieve our mission, you will create a collaborative team
working environment while displaying respect for and an
understanding of various clinical disciplines. Using a focused and
integrated approach toward improving desired patient outcomes and
patient experience of care delivery is of vital importance. Your
participation in learning new knowledge, developing new skills and
meeting program objectives to be able to practice in assigned
patient care delivery settings while utilizing and applying new
knowledge is essential. Demonstrating s willingness to learn under
the direct supervision of an experienced RN and through various
other training formats is required.
- Effectively communicates with other healthcare team members and
participates in multidisciplinary rounds and meetings as an active
member of the healthcare team.
- Showcases openness to feedback, mentoring and suggestions from
colleagues to implement change and enhance care.
- Identifies and seeks out members of the healthcare team as a
resource to increase practice/knowledge while seeking validation of
clinical decisions from unit resources.
- Successfully integrates novice nursing abilities with new
knowledge and the capacity to incorporate and transfer these skills
into the delivery of safe/high quality patient care.
- Identifies unit goals and supports the culture of Inova Health
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and voluntarily
assists others when needs arise.
- Works efficiently within the healthcare team to achieve maximum
productivity and identified outcomes.
- Attends and participates in all learning sessions assigned for
successful completion of the Registered Nurse (RN) Fellowship.
Completes all assignments (e.g., classroom work, computer-based
learning modules, laboratory simulations and assigned readings on
time and is able to recall, comprehend and apply them in the
classroom and clinical settings).
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills, verbalize
reasoning and demonstrate use of equipment and supplies involved in
providing safe/high quality and effective patient care.
- Performs patient assessments to collect basic data. Follows
written plans of care, standards and practice guidelines while
utilizing pathways under the supervision of an experienced RN.
- Utilizes assessment data and patient preferences to identify
patient care needs.
- Organizes, prioritizes and delivers patient care to assigned
patients by utilizing Inova's Nursing Professional Practice Model
and Care Delivery Model (i.e., procedures, therapies, tests and
patient education) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides compassionate and empathetic hands-on care while
maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- States rationale for clinical decisions based on educational
knowledge, principles and evidence-based practices.
- Monitors patients' progress toward expected outcomes and
adjusts plans of care accordingly.
- Accurately documents all patient care activities, as per
documentation standards, and seeks assistance from others to
further develop documentation skills.
- At least 6 month of RN clinical experience, preferably in a
Critical Care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN. If Associates Degree RN, within 6 months
of start date meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the
required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of
Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a
caring demeanor towards others
- Proficient computer skills required.
Inova is Northern Virginia's leading nonprofit healthcare provider.
Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare - every time,
every touch - to each person in every community we have the
privilege to serve. Inova's 18,000 team members serve more than 2
million individuals annually through an integrated network of
hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and
urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients
Keywords: Inova, Leesburg , Registered Nurse Fellow - Medical Surgical Unit, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!