Registered Nurse Float Pool Part-time 12 hour nights
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: September 22, 2022
As a Registered Nurse - Float Pool, you will provide
knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination
through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and
healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will
consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and
systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision
of care. Your ability to serve as a resource, preceptor and mentor
while demonstrating leadership skills in decision making and
problem solving is of vital importance. Serving as an empowering
body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful
outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships
and access based knowledge is required. Determining processes for
delivery of care from direct patient/family communication,
technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is
* Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple,
sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their
* Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment
findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve
* Supports and empowers patient/families as they progress through
the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life
* Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family
perspective while providing counsel and acting as a resource to
* Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs of patients and
intervenes to maximize patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and
alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
* Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population
data and intuition while promoting the development of clinical
decision making of all team members.
* Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation
standards, and assists healthcare team members with
* Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to
related performance improvement initiatives.
* Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff members
and seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar
* Collaborates with the healthcare teams and leads other
disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in
understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing
evidence based care initiatives in nursing practice.
* Anticipates patient variances and makes revisions to plans of
* Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
* Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical
* Uses an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient
* Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the
resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and
* Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates
their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
* Keeps informed of unit initiatives. Incorporates the outcomes of
team or committee work into practice.
* Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit
* Assists staff with assessing patients' learning needs and
outcomes measurement of patient education.
* Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired
* Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and assist others
* Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
* Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming
responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
* Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice.
* Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem
* Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors
* Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare
* Identifies own learning needs and develops professional
* Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance practice.
* Collaborates in the development and implementation of educational
plans for identified needs.
* Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
* Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional
* Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum
of six formal contact hours.
* Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
Able to work autonomously. Graduate from an accredited school of
nursing - BSN. Good assessment and independent thinking skills.
Keywords: Inova Health System, Leesburg , Registered Nurse Float Pool Part-time 12 hour nights, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!