Company: National Spine and Pain Centers
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Job DescriptionMedical AssistantAt National Spine & Pain Centers
(NSPC), our platform of success is composed of a history of
excellence, recognized distinction, groundbreaking treatment
options, convenient locations, and long-term results.We currently
are looking for a Medical Assistant to support our team in
Lansdowne, Virginia. This role will ensure that quality services
are provided consistently to meet the needs of our patients,
providers and organization as a whole.Additionally and working
under the guidance of the Center Manager, the Medical Assistant
- Greet patients in waiting area, exam room, and/or procedure
room, as appropriate.
- Prepare patients for care, ensuring comfort and safety at all
- Anticipate and support the needs and preferences of the
Provider(s) and patients by managing daily patient flow and acting
as a constant liaison between the Provider(s) and patients.
- Monitor clinical messages by effectively communicating
information to the Provider(s) and relaying associated responses
back to patients.
- Organize, clean, and prepare exam, procedure, and recovery
rooms before and after each patient.
- Take and record patients' vitals, nothing any changes or areas
- Complete documentation for patient charts by obtaining
diagnostic studies (e.g., labs, X-rays, path reports, etc.);
reviewing current medications, dosage, and dosage schedule; noting
any allergies; and recording Provider(s') orders and
- Provide patients with any needed discharge/follow-up
instructions, educational brochures, and dietary requirements.
- Assist with follow-up programs when assigned by performing
pre/post procedure patient calls.
- Prepare patients for the exam process and procedures by
performing effective positioning, adjusting immobilization devices,
moving equipment according to specific instructions, and adjusting
- Gain patient cooperation by reducing anxieties, providing
explanations of treatment, and answering any questions.
- Follow safety and infection control procedures at all times by
maintaining individual protective protocols to X-ray exposure
(aprons, shields, badges, etc.); maintaining disposable sterile
equipment, supplies, and accessories following standards outlined
in the Policy & Procedures Manual; properly disposing of
contaminated waste following Universal Precautions and OSHA
regulations; and maintaining knowledge of aseptic and sterile
- Assess medical and emergency equipment and accessories on a
daily basis (when the Center is in operation), and report any
equipment malfunctioning to the Center Manager.
- Maintain all procedure room supplies and inventory including
inspecting current stock, anticipating needs, placing and
expediting orders, and verifying receipt of shipments.
- Adhere to and uphold all applicable federal and state
compliance regulations, the NSPC Code of Conduct, the NSPC Employee
Handbook, compliance policies and procedures, and applicable
healthcare fraud, waste and abuse laws.
- Understand, comply with, and enforce all NSPC policies,
procedures, codes of conduct, and OSHA and HIPAA privacy
- Perform other duties as assigned.We require the following:
- A high school degree or equivalent education and training.
- Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program OR
completion of EMT-B training courses or above, required. CMA and/or
RMA certifications are strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of clinical Medical Assistant
experience, preferably in a specialty practice, required.
- Excellent patient care skills and awareness of the legal
implications of work and words in healthcare.
- Knowledge of business/healthcare operations and standards of
best practice, preferably those related to a specialty care
- Knowledge of and experience with EMR and/or Electronic Practice
Management systems and technologies.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word and
- The capacity to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment,
while demonstrating resourcefulness and proactivity.
- Excellent organizational/multi-tasking skills with acute
attention to detail.
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service at all times by
communicating effectively and professionally with a diverse
- Authorization to work in the United States without requiring
authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or
in the future.
- A satisfactory background check inclusive of driving records,
criminal records, employment references, education, social security
and OIG exclusions.NSPC offers a wide variety of benefits,
including but not limited to competitive compensation,
comprehensive medical/dental/vision insurance options, life and
other ancillary insurance plans, a 4% employer-matched 401(k),
holidays, and paid time off (PTO).We encourage all prospective
candidates to learn more about NSPC by viewing our website at
http://www.treatingpain.com. If you would like to join our team,
please apply clicking the "START YOUR APPLICATION" button located
above/below this description. Please note that incomplete
submissions will NOT be considered, and we are not able to respond
to telephone requests for information related to our openings.
National Spine & Pain Centers is an Equal Opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected
Keywords: National Spine and Pain Centers, Leesburg , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!