Company: Res-Care, Inc.
Posted on: May 11, 2022
Join our PharMerica team! PharMerica is a closed-door pharmacy
where you can focus on fulfilling the pharmaceutical needs of our
long-term care and senior living clients. We offer a non-retail
pharmacy environment. Our organization is in high growth mode,
which means advancement opportunities for individuals who are
looking for career progression!
Health, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
Company paid STD and LTD
Employee Discount Program
Our Pharmacy group focuses on providing exceptional customer
service and meeting the pharmacy needs for hospitals,
rehabilitation hospitals, long-term acute care hospitals, and other
specialized care centers nationwide. If your passion is service
excellence and top-quality care come join our team and apply
- Fills prescription items, as permitted by the State Board of
Pharmacy, packaging medications for dispensing and for delivery,
meeting the accuracy and productivity standards of the
- Labels products appropriately, including cautionary or
- Participates in the periodic inventory of the pharmacy
- May check in drugs and supplies, stock shelves and remove
out-of-date items from the inventory
- Prepares medications including emulsions, liquids, powders and
ointments, which may include non-sterile compounding
- Communicates with internal and external customers in a pleasant
and professional manner
- May process returned medications from the facility for credit
- Assists in the training of new employees
- Also performs at least one of the following:
- Works in the Controlled Drugs (Narcotics) Room;
- Works with automated machine to prepack drugs;
- Manages inventory functions such as monitoring pharmaceutical
levels and identify expired medications, managing to the pharmacy
standard for Days on Hand;
- Inputs patient data and medication orders into a computer
system to produce labels (data entry);
Mixes/packages IV medications, sanitizes IV room, equipment and
- Services facility-based medication dispensing machines (e.g.,
- Performs other tasks as assigned
- Required: High School diploma or equivalent. Experience in a
pharmacy setting and with medical terminology. Ability to operate a
computer; ability to recognize and identify medications. Detail
oriented; goal oriented, team player, effective oral communication.
Pharmacy Technician license.
- Desired: Long Term Care pharmacy experience.
About our Line of Business
PharMerica is a full-service pharmacy solution providing value
beyond medication. PharMerica is the long-term care pharmacy
services provider of choice for senior living communities, skilled
nursing facilities, public health organizations and post-acute care
organizations. PharMerica is one of the nation's largest pharmacy
companies. PharMerica offers unmatched employee development,
exceptional company culture, seemingly endless opportunities for
advancement and the highest hiring goals in decades. For more
information about PharMerica, please visit www.pharmerica.com.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
Keywords: Res-Care, Inc., Leesburg , Pharmacy Technician, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!