Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery
Company: Inova Health System
Posted on: January 5, 2022
The Labor and Delivery Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital is seeking a
full-time, night shift Registered Nurse. This position is 3 x 12
hour shifts, 7:00pm to 7:00am.
- Sign-on bonuses available from $15K-$20K for qualified
Inova Loudoun Hospital recently unveiled a brand-new Labor and
Delivery Unit, Postpartum Care Unit and Level III Neonatal
Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Located in our new North Patient Tower,
these advanced facilities will allow us to continue to deliver
exceptional birth experiences for years to come. The Labor and
Delivery Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital has 12 labor and delivery
beds and 3 c-section suites. The usual staffing assignment consists
of 1 RN for 2 laboring patients and change to 1 nurse to 1 patient
based on acuity and phase of labor.
Watch this video to learn more about birthing services at Inova
The Leadership, Physicians and staff of Inova Loudoun Hospital have
adopted a Quality compact with its community.
Inova Loudoun Hospital believes that excellent healthcare begins
with accountability for our community. To be an accountable
organization, with ongoing guidance and leadership from our board,
we have taken the following actions that have been proven to
positively influence hospital quality and safety performance. We
will continue to share the results of our progress with the
communities we serve.
- Monitor ongoing performance against the following groups of
quality and safety measures:
- Patient infections
- National Hospital Quality of Care indicators
- Patients satisfaction with their care
- Unplanned readmissions to the hospital
- Set aggressive goals for performance improvement and maintain
focus on achieving them.
- Ensure that our organizations quality and safety performance
continues to measurably improve over time.
The Inova Registered Nurse
- Provides knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care
coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse,
and healthcare delivery team. Consistently provides safe,
therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates
differences into the provision of care. Conducts all patient care
in a patient and family-centered manner. Integrates knowledge,
skills, and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families
throughout the continuum, to include patient and family
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines.
Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment,
and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality, through
relationships and access-based knowledge. Utilizes standards,
guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Determines process for
delivery of care from direct patient and family communication,
technology, and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming
responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides
direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a
resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in
decision making and problem solving.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Competitive paid time off (PTO) accruals that increases with
- Seven annual holidays in addition to your PTO
- Competitive 401k match
- Educational assistance
- Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
- Free parking for all Inova team members at all Inova
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience
in the acute care setting
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the
required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification from the American
Heart Association required
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of
Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication
skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display
a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills
For internal use only: IND1
Inova is Northern Virginias leading nonprofit healthcare provider.
Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare every time, every
touch to each person in every community we have the privilege to
serve. Inovas 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million
individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals,
primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care
centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients
Keywords: Inova Health System, Leesburg , Registered Nurse Labor and Delivery, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!