Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant
Company: Palm Health Resources
Posted on: February 20, 2021
Surgery-Cardiovascular opening in Leesburg, Virginia. This and
other physician assistant jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
Cardiac Surgery Group in Central Virginia seeking an experienced
cardiothoracic physician assistant! We have 2 Cardiac Surgeons, 1
Vascular and 1 Thoracic Surgeon, 8 Physician Assistants and 0
Residents!This is the ideal position for an experienced
cardiothoracic PA! Lot's of autonomy, OR time and quality of life
schedule!Candidate will perform Coronary artery bypass, Aortic
valve surgery, Minimally invasive cardiac surgery, Aortic surgery,
Hybrid EP, Endoscopic vein harvest, Will do all CV surgery aside
from Heart Transplant procedures! Presently our APP's work 5 8 hour
shifts and take on call 1/4th weekend. And during the week on-call
responsibilities rotates one out of every 6th night.We offer a very
competitive salary range and comprehensive benefits package! We
also have a 10% incentive which would be in addition to the
base.Professional responsibilities for this position include
surgical first-assistance to our team of cardiothoracic surgeons.
Experience in open and endoscopic vein harvesting preferred.
Responsibilities also include perioperative patient care in ICU,
step-down and regular surgical floor settings.Qualifications:
- Graduate of a program accredited by the Accreditation Review
Commission for Physician Assistant Programs
- Current NCCPA certification
- Licensed or licensure-eligible in Virginia
- Current ACLS certification
- Minimum of two years relevant PA experience in
cardiovascular/thoracic surgery is desired. One year of relevant PA
experience in the critical care setting also is strongly
- Cardiovascular/thoracic teaching experience is desired.Position
- Evidence of knowledge and skill in applying principles of
sterile technique in a surgical setting and infection control.
- Knowledge and skill in surgical anatomy, physiology, operative
procedures, and perioperative care.
- Well-balanced and developed clinical assessment skills.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform effectively in stressful and emergency
- Excellent communication with all members of the care team as
well as patients, families, and members of the community from
- Ability to work independently, under the direct supervision and
guidance of the supervising physician.
- Demonstrated knowledge, recognition, and consideration of the
cognitive, physical, emotional, and chronological states of human
growth and development.
- Knowledge of statistics and research protocols. Keyphrases:
surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, cardiovascular surgery jobs,
cardiovascular surgeon jobs, cardiac surgeon jobs, cardiac surgery
jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic
surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs, thoracic
cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgeon
jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardio thoracic
surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, heart surgeon jobs,
physician assistant jobs, surgical jobs, pa jobs
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Leesburg , Cardiothoracic Physician Assistant, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!