Psychiatrist - Outpatient
Company: LifeStream Behavioral Center
Posted on: February 16, 2021
LifeStream Behavioral Center is an OFCCP
compliant--organization. If you'd like more information,--please
visit the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program's (OFCCP)--
EEO is the Law poster . JOB SUMMARY:--The position delivers
psychiatric healthcare services to individuals in the inpatient and
outpatient facilities and to determine the most appropriate level
of care required. This position is responsible for the psychiatric
evaluation, treatment, emergency intervention and
psychopharmacological treatment of clients of LifeStream Behavioral
Center. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES:--The list of
essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be
representative of the tasks performed within this classification
with or without an accommodation. It is not necessarily descriptive
of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential
function does not preclude management from assigning duties not
listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the
- The ability to comply with the regulations requiring a
workplace of dignity and respect and equal employment opportunity
- The ability to work collaboratively with others and to accept
constructive criticism from supervisors and managers.--
- Willingness to abide by the company's published rules and
- To perform psychiatric evaluations on all clients admitted to
the inpatient services, residential, and outpatient services.
- To prescribe and monitor psychotropic medication for clients in
inpatient, residential and outpatient services.
- Provide emergency psychiatric consultations for the inpatient
services, residential programs and outpatient services. The
outpatient and residential evaluations will be referred to the
hospital if needed.
- Arrange for medical, dental and ophthalmological and pain
management consultations if needed by clients in the inpatient
services, residential and outpatient services.
- Make all appropriate chart and record notations according to
CARF, DCF, Hospital Licensure, Medicare and all other pertinent
- Make all necessary Medicaid and third party assignments to the
Center for billing purposes, including allowing the Center to use
the employee's Medicaid provider number for said billing
- To attend and participate in Medical Staff, Peer Review,
Quality Assurance and professional staff functions.
- To be on call according to special contracts and stipulations
worked out between the Center and the psychiatrist. Being on call
means being available on a 24-hour basis and providing coverage for
all the active clients in the Center. When the psychiatrist is on
call on weekends and holidays, the psychiatrist will come to the
hospital and make rounds at the hospital and perform evaluations on
all the new clients.
- Psychiatric evaluations, progress notes, discharge summaries,
treatment plans and use of psychotropic medications will be done
according to the policies and procedures developed by the Center.
COMPETENCIES:--Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Motivation (KSAM)
required for an employee to be successful.
- Serving Our Consumers:--Effectively meeting consumer needs,
building productive consumer relationships, and taking
responsibility for consumer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Consumer Focus:--Building strong consumer relationships and
delivering consumer-centric solutions.
- Values Differences:--Recognizing the value that different
perspectives and cultures bring to an organization.
- Age Specific:--Assessment, Interpretation, Intervention,
Knowledge, Developmental Stages, Enhances Family Involvement--
- Basic Job Readiness:--Courtesy, Flexibility, Reliability,
- Personal Effectiveness:--Communication, Interpersonal Skills,
Self-Management, and Thinking Skills.--
- Organizational/Management:--Compliance, CQI, Commitment,
Leadership, Management of Information, Organizational
- Performance Specific:--Assessment, Crisis Management, Customer
Focus, Empowerment/Advocacy, Medication Issues, Psychosocial
Interventions, and Treatment/Service Planning
- Effective Communication:--Clearly conveying information and
ideas to individuals and groups in a manner that engages the
audience and helps them understand and retain the message.--
- Communicates Effectively:--Developing and delivering multi-mode
communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique
needs of different audiences.
- Manages Conflict:--Handling conflict situations effectively,
with a minimum of noise.
- Continuous Improvement:--The ongoing process of achieving
positive changes in service and processes in order to improve
efficiency and quality.
- Resourcefulness:--Securing and deploying resources effectively
- Cultivates Innovation:--Creating new and better ways for the
organization to be successful.
- Expertise:--Demonstrating proficiency of an employee's skill or
knowledge within their field of practice.
- Drives Results:--Consistently achieving results, even under
tough circumstances. KNOWLEDGE AND JOB SKILLS:--Must have a clear
understanding of the characteristics and problems of adults with
severe and persistent mental illnesses and be knowledgeable about
the FACT model. Demonstrates excellent verbal and written
communication skills. JUDGMENT/DECISION MAKING:--Utilizes
established corporate policies and procedures in making decisions.
Uses sound judgment in meeting the responsibilities and performing
the duties of the position. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:--
- --Education:--Must be licensed in the state of Florida and
license must be in good standing. Proof of certification of
approved residency training in General Psychiatry. TRAINING &
DEVELOPMENT:--Completes all requirements according to Individual
Training Plan within the first six months of hire and annually.
Other training and/or professional development may be assigned due
to evolution of programs.
Keywords: LifeStream Behavioral Center, Leesburg , Psychiatrist - Outpatient, Healthcare , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!