Solutions Executive - DoD Government Sales
Posted on: June 23, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here.What you'll be doing... The Solutions Executive Federal
is a Capture Manager who is responsible for winning identified
business opportunities valued at over $100M. The Capture Manager
will be responsible for overseeing bid strategies, pricing, teaming
strategy and proposal development including customer positioning
once identified opportunity is selected and approved for pursuit.
The Capture Manager is responsible for identifying and recruiting
resources required for bid pursuit, overseeing the development of
the technical solution, management plan, and implementation plan.
The Capture Manager is also responsible for assessing gaps/risks
and leading the development of the Business Case and Price to Win
strategy. The Capture manager will develop and execute the overall
capture strategy by working closely with Sales/Business
Development, Engineering, Pricing, Service Delivery, Proposal,
Contracts, Subcontracts and Legal to ensuring a winning offer. The
Capture manager will develop business intelligence through their
knowledge of industry, customer and key partners and use that
knowledge to effectively maximize Verizon win probability. The
Capture Manager will assess investment requirements and associated
business case needs. In addition the position requires regular
engagement with the Executive Sponsor for the opportunity and the
leadership team.The role requires an experienced and effective
manager and communicator with acumen in Capture Management in the
Federal marketplace. This position requires a person who can work
collaboratively, as part of a team, is well-organized,
self-motivated and success driven. Demonstrated industry knowledge
and customer relationships is required. A background in Sales or
Business Development is preferred.Responsibilities for this role
will include but are not be limited to the following:
- Provide strategic thinking and execution for capture efforts
with potential revenue of over $100M by determining capture
resources and costs associated with bid effort.
- Manage cross/multiple capture efforts across Public
- Understand capabilities, strengths, weaknesses and direct
development of strategies, marketing philosophies/programs.
- Interact with a broad range of disciplines/departments to
develop win and price strategies.
- Develop and execute win themes, value propositions and overall
responsibility for capture process to contract award.
- Lead all executive gate reviews.
- Identify and manages all potential partners.
- Negotiates NDA, teaming agreements, relationships and
- Constitutes and assembles requisite capture resources (matrixed
- Conducts all color team reviews.
- Works with Proposal Group to ensure Capture Strategies are
accurately translated into the proposal.
- Sets and drives the overall Capture schedule.
- Works with delivery leadership to develop a transition plan
from award to implementation.Where you'll be working...In this
hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work
from home and assigned office days set by your manager.What we're
looking for... You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Information
- Five or more years of Capture work experience with DoD
- Experience in managing three large capture opportunities at
- Active TS/SCI or Public Trust clearance.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid drivers license.Even better if you have one or more of
- A Degree.
- Knowledge of the Federal DoD landscape and associated
- ITIL, PMP or like certifications.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our page to learn more.COVID-19 Vaccination RequirementVerizon
requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon
provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal
requirements (e.g., for medical, religious, or state law recognized
Keywords: Verizon, Leesburg , Solutions Executive - DoD Government Sales, Government & Protective Services , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!