Manager Software Engineering, RoR
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, the Manager of
Software Engineering, PhishMe, is responsible for providing
technical leadership to assigned Cofense software engineering
* Participate in the building, maintenance, and nurturing teams of
developers within an Agile/Scrum environment in support of the
development and maintenance of Cofense software engineering and
* Provide technical mentorship to Developers.
* Able to contribute to technical tasks, including hands-on coding
and merge requests submitted by Developers.
* Perform the duties of a manager with direct reports consistent
with Agile/Scrum organizational structuring. These duties may
include hiring, termination, performance reviews, conflict
resolution, team building, and seeking opportunities to offer
* Partner with Product Owner(s) to help with technical issues
represented by items in the Scrum Product Backlog.
* Accountable for insuring that all Backlog items technical
requirements are defined and actionable well in advance of Scrum
Team Sprint Planning meetings. This is to include dependency
identification, technical conflict remediation, general technology
selection and consistency.
* Partner with Scrum Product Owner and Scrum Masters on decisions
regarding prioritization of Technical Debt, Operational, and
Functionality backlog items.
* Accountable for partnering with Scrum Product Owner and Scrum
Masters to successfully capture feature goals in order to assure
adequate documentation and assist with initial effort sizing
* Accountable for providing initial Backlog item size estimations
to the Scrum Product Owner to assure that the tickets don't
represent too much work to be accepted into a Sprint by the Scrum
* Interface as a technical resource with 3rd parties when
* Remain effective at staying in tune with the direction of the
business to assist the Scrum Teams in re-prioritizing tasks when
* Provide software/system deployment oversight and ensuring
* Coordinate development team personnel scheduling for on-call
responsibilities. Help maintain access lists, integrations, and
other appropriate configurations for the operational monitoring of
the Product, including Pager Duty, New Relic, and other systems as
* Use approved tools for the Product and infrastructure of the
Product to observe, diagnose, and predict issues appropriate for a
* Assess, recommend, and implement new software tools as needed or
* Assist Director of Software Engineering with headcount planning
and other budget planning needs.
* Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive
list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor
are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and
abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to
describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not
a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment
with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment
is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job
description at any time without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Detailed engineering experience with Ruby on Rails application,
including all related and relevant technologies.
* Familiarity with AWS Services.
* Excellent understanding of Agile software engineering frameworks
such as Scrum and Kanban.
* Understanding of deployment methodologies in use for assigned
products and projects.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Education and/or Experience:
* 3+ years personnel management experience.
* 5+ years active software engineering experience and in depth
knowledge of the assigned projects specific technology stack.
* Bachelor's degree preferred. Strong preference given for bachelor
and advanced degrees in software technology related fields.
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not
discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any
legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not
limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability,
marital status, genetic information or any other status or
characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or
local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all
aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training,
compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline. Equal
Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Keywords: Cofense, Leesburg , Manager Software Engineering, RoR, Executive , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!