Safety and Training Manager
Company: First Transit
Posted on: August 30, 2020
Safety and Training Manager NOTE: The following position is for
proposed new business within First Transit. Only candidates meeting
the work experience requirements will be considered. First Transit
is seeking a Safety and Training Manager who is a subject matter
expert in safety and training programs for paratransit and fixed
route operations. The Manager ensures compliance with federal,
state, and local regulations. We hire individuals who make safety
and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive,
confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong
presence across North America.
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation,
medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan.
- A great work environment. Safety and Training Manager major
- Conduct or supervise interviewing, selection, and recruitment
of adequate number of operator applicants to effectively provide
safe, efficient, service.
- Manage driver training and may conduct driver training,
recommend retraining and discipline as required.
- Conduct or assist General Manager with safety training and
meetings. Review accident reports to reduce number and severity of
accidents, maintain complete safety files (example is accident
report, I-9, bus reports, worker compensation injury reports).
- Maintain or coordinate complete personnel record keeping.
Maintain substance abuse file.
- Coordinate compliance with Federal, State, and local laws and
work closely with General Manager or Designee to accomplish company
- Must be able to obtain required license for the all vehicles at
the Project location, maintain that license, and at times drive a
- Must be able to pass all requirements to be qualified as a
Vehicle Operator would at the location.
- Complete additional duties as assigned. Safety and Training
- Communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and
- Work extended hours on a regular basis.
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and
- Manage personnel effectively.
- Oversee and monitor all safety issues.
- Prioritize tasks and manage time effectively.
- Travel as needed to conduct company business.
- Work environments include office, transit facility, field work,
maintenance facility and transit vehicles. First Transit is a
leading provider of transportation contract and management
services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First
Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals
through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services
and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada
and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding
customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other
providers in the industry. First Transit is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Keywords: First Transit, Leesburg , Safety and Training Manager, Executive , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!