Data Center Construction Cost Manager
Company: Iron Mountain
Posted on: February 13, 2020
At Iron Mountain we protect what our customers value most, from the
everyday to the extraordinary, while helping them bridge the
physical and digital world. Our people have the opportunity to
bring their creativity to a workplace that thrives on change. Here,
you will be part of a team that doesn't just embrace what's
exceptional. It creates exceptional.
An experienced construction cost management professional with a
proven track record of working in either contracting, consulting or
client side organisations providing commercial management and
control on Data Centre projects.
The role is required to commercially manage projects in North
America, principally at present in Virginia, Boston & New
The position will support the Commercial Director in providing a
proactive and effective commercial management process and reporting
mechanism across the global portfolio of Data Centre development
Cost Management and Cost / Risk reporting responsibilities
* The prime focus of the role is to ensure that our projects are
being commercially managed effectively and are delivered within
* You will be working closely with the Iron Mountain Design &
Construction Team and will be commercially accountable for the
North American projects.
* For each project, there will be regular meetings with the Project
Team and General Contractor to ensure that all change are
identified and tracked, ensuring all change goes through the
internal approval process which sanctions expenditure against the
* A key aspect of the role is to feed accurate and timely cost
information into the IMDC Major Development Capital Cost Report.
This report is issued on a monthly basis tracking budget vs
forecast, changes in the period, contingency burn rate and the
likely outturn cost of the projects.
* Ensuring project change trends are being tracked, summarised and
root causes identified to help with continuous improvement.
* Cost modelling of proposed schemes - in conjunction with external
Consultants and / or self-produced estimates with appropriate Peer
* Ensuring that the Iron Mountain Budget Tracking Report is
produced on all projects at all stages and is in line with Global
Standards and the Iron Mountain Gating Process and any variances
from expected norms are clearly identified.
* Make sure value management/value review exercises are carried out
at appropriate times through the project process.
* Ensuring construction budget management is fully in line with
* Ensuring that all project pre and post construction change
processes are appropriately set up and consistently managed.
* Ensure cost requests for sales enquires, or the like, are handled
in a timely, effective and consistent manner.
* Ensure all commercial risks are reported on a monthly basis.
* Ensure all final accounts, contractual disputes etc are tracked
and managed to successful conclusion.
* Ensuring warranties, bonds, novation agreement, deeds, etc. are
tracked and managed to successful conclusion.
* Make sure that Contractors' final accounts, Consultants' fee
accounts, OFCI vendor accounts and the like are negotiated and
agreed in a timely manner before project close-out.
Commercial Analysis and Competitor Benchmarking
* Producing reliable cost estimation information output metrics
benchmarked to the market and our peers.
* Support the creation of fully costed design standards and ongoing
management of any emerging changes to standards.
* Ensure key cost metrics are available for helping decision making
* Ensuring all projects fully comply with Iron Mountain's financial
* Ensure full change control processes are being followed.
* Have regular meetings with Iron Mountain's finance department to
ensure that project cost reporting aligns with booked costs.
* Ensure all cost information is uploaded to the 'Project Portal'
in an accurate and timely way.
* Assist the Financial Team in closing out the budget following
Category: Operations Group
Iron Mountain Incorporated, founded in 1951, is the global leader
for storage and information management services. Trusted by more
than 225,000 organizations around the world in approximately 50
countries, Iron Mountain stores and protects billions of valued
assets, including critical business information, highly sensitive
data, and cultural and historical artifacts.
Providing solutions that include information management, digital
transformation, secure storage, secure destruction, as well as data
centers, cloud services, and art storage and logistics, Iron
Mountain helps customers lower cost and risk, comply with
regulations, recover from disaster, and enable a digital way of
Our Cores Value at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values s
at https://www.ironmountain.com/about-us/values and Code of Ethics
are our north star. They provide a solid base for how we do
business and behave every day, so each one of us can experience
If you have a physical or mental disability that requires special
accommodations, please let us know by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org . See the Supplement to learn
more about Equal Employment Opportunity.
Keywords: Iron Mountain, Leesburg , Data Center Construction Cost Manager, Executive , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!