Posted on: May 31, 2019
Transdev is hiring Mechanics in Leesburg, VA. We want you to
Mechanics perform routine maintenance on equipment and determines
when and what kind of maintenance is needed. Conducts tests and
inspections of products, services, orprocesses to evaluate quality
or performance. Installs equipment, engines, hoses, batteries,
tires, wheels/brakes, HVAC, wiring, etc., or programs to meet
specifications. Watches gauges, dials, or other indicators to make
sure equipment is working properly. Service, repairs, adjusts, and
tests machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate
primarily based on mechanical principles. Inspects equipment,
structures, etc., of materials to identify the cause of errors or
other problems or defects. Analyzes information and evaluate
results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and
screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials and gauges
in order to diagnose mal-functions.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps,
generators, transmissions, clutches, and differential units.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and
specified safety devices.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and
other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical
equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose
malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers,
motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Operate valve-grinding machines to grind and reset valves.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking
batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Raise vehicles and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic
jacks or hoists.
- Installs or rebuilds diesel engines.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears, and
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, and windows, and install and
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure
conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine,
such as fuel injection systems.
- Test drive vehicles to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that
they are working properly.
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure
gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as
pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment, and jacks and
- Other duties to ensure the safe operation and efficiency of the
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
- Previous maintenance experience with various types of
heavy-duty transit equipment.
- Must be able to diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair
- Have a satisfactory driver's record.
- Must possess the appropriate Automotive Service Excellence
(ASE) certification and skill level.
- Must possess proficient communication skills with ability to
read, interpret safety documents, blue prints, schematics, and
other mechanical diagrams.
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as
- Have the ability to pass a DOT physical examination, including
background and a drug test.
Mechanic C: 1-2 years' experience. Must be able to diagnose and
repair some of the vehicles and equipment in service with
supervision. The Mechanic C must be willing to learn more difficult
tasks from Mechanic A and B. Will work under direct
Mechanic B: 3-4 years' experience. Must be able to diagnose,
troubleshoot and repair all vehicles and equipment in service with
minimal supervision. Mechanic B must be able to teach Mechanic Cs
as time permits some repair techniques that are not routine in
nature. Must demonstrate mechanical proficiency and mentoring
capabilities. Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
Additionally, must possess 609 air conditioning certification and
at least three H or T series ASE certifications of which two must
include H2, T2, T4 or H4.
Mechanic A: 5+ years' experience. Must be able to diagnose,
troubleshoot and repair the most difficult of all vehicle and
equipment service. Must be able to teach Mechanic B and C as time
permits, more complex repair techniques. Must demonstrate superior
mechanical skills and mentoring capabilities. Additionally, must
possess 609 and 608 air conditioning certificates and at least five
H or T series ASE certifications of which two must consist of T6,
T7, H6 or H7.
Utility: Must be able to perform basic shop duties. Must be able to
perform detail cleaning and fueling of equipment with limited
supervision. Additionally, the utility worker must be able to
complete basic forms and, as required at the hiring facility, fare
box duties (i.e., diagnostic, repair, installation).
Apply today for immediate consideratiom! Associated topics: air,
environmental, fuel, gas, heat, hvac r, meter, thermographer, vent,
Keywords: Personified, Leesburg , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!