Senior SIEM Engineer
Company: Metro Systems Inc
Posted on: September 9, 2018
MSI is seeking a Senior SIEM Engineer to support our government client in Leesburg, Va.Job Description:The Senior SIEM Engineers support a civilian agency Cyber Security Operations Center (SOC) organization in protecting the network security of tens of thousands of users. ResponsibilitiesA Senior SIEM Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Plans, conducts and oversees highly complex projects or major phases of significant projects; Performs security network engineering efforts.
- Conducts investigations and tests of complex security software systems to enhance performance or investigate and resolve matters of significance.
- Reviews completion and implementation of technical products to ensure success and timeliness.
- Reviews literature, and current practices relevant to the solution of more complex network security projects.
- Recommends corrections in complex technical applications and analysis to enhance performance.
- Acts as the initial contact with vendors on more complex projects to provide required products or services.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical consultation to other organizations; interacts with senior customer personnel and internal senior management.
- Provides the customer base with first level support.
- Performs comprehensive security assessment of all designs within all enterprise networks, advises senior level executives of network vulnerabilities, and develops procedures and policies to rectify.
- Any other duties as requested by the Contracting Officer Representative and SOC management. Required Education and ExperienceEducation:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information systems.or
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience. Experience:
- Minimum 8 years of experience in network security.
- Engineering, network security analysis or OS programming.
- Experience with Enterprise Sensors (Sourcefire, SNORT, Cisco, ISS, McAfee, etc.).
- Experience with IDS/IPS custom signature creation and deployment.
- Experience with full packet capture and DNS technology and concepts.
- Experience with network principals, routers, switches, firewalls and VPN technologies.
- Experience writing policies, procedures, and TTPs.
- Experience composing presentations and briefing senior management.
- CISSP, CCNA, Security+ and/or relevant Certification. Preferred Experience:
- Development experience with a programming language, especially the following: C, C++, Java, with additional familiarity in languages such as Ruby, Perl, Python, and SQL.
- Experience with information security devices (e. g., firewalls, and intrusion detection/prevention systems) and applications (e.g. security information management tools like ArcSight).
- Experience with NAC and web proxy solutions (ForeScout, Blue Coat, etc.).
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills to resolve highly complex software design issues and create new software.
- Good leadership skills to mentor, oversee, and lead team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with senior customers, management and team members.
- Strong communication skills to interact with team members and senior support personnel.
- Experience working in a network security environment, such as a Security Operations Center (SOC), Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT), Computer Incident Response Team (CIRT), Computer Incident Response Center (CIRC) or Cyber Security Incident Response Center (CSIRC). MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. - provided by Dice Communication, Leadership
Keywords: Metro Systems Inc, Leesburg , Senior SIEM Engineer, Engineering , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!