Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Description Transdev is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our
shop serving Loudoun County Fire! Why join Transdev as a Diesel
- $28-$35/ hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.25 per hour for each EVT certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday - Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, full-time shift schedule,
and consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits include medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- 11 Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program! About the Diesel Mechanic Position As a Diesel
Mechanic with Transdev, you will help maintain and repair fire
trucks, ambulances, and other equipment to ensure vehicle readiness
& safety. Other major job duties include:
- Assist with preventive maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment
repair, including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, &
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services. Diesel Mechanic
- Valid driver's license required; Willingness to obtain CDL
while employed - We train!
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanic's toolset
- Willingness to participate in the ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses are provided!
- Virginia State inspection license is highly preferred
- EVT Certification is a plus!
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does
not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for
any reason. Get your career on the road with Transdev!
About Transdev: Transdev is the largest private sector operator of
multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing
bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200
transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and
airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility
solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to
enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable
environment. For more information please visit our website at The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. Transdev is an Equal
Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified
applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial
consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin,
age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity,
sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status or
any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request. Transdev is the largest private
sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North
America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We
manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit
authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and
innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public
transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more
Keywords: Transdev, Leesburg , Diesel Mechanic - Immediate Opening, Engineering , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!