Network Engineer - Ashburn VA
Posted on: May 6, 2022
When you join Verizon Verizon is one of the world's leading
providers of technology and communications services, transforming
the way we connect across the globe. We're a diverse network of
people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future.
Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of
technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we
are moving the world forward - and you can too. Dream it. Build it.
Do it here. What you'll be doing... The primary role will involve
racking and stacking equipment, provisioning the network transport
equipment and managing all aspects of data centers to include HVAC,
space and power planning and build management systems.You will also
be responsible for purchasing and installation of equipment
cabinets, telco racks, CAT5, Coax, multi-pair copper and fiber
optic cables. You will troubleshoot and install services that
include layer one communications and transport services.
- Installing and troubleshooting local and LD services that
include private line, and local/long distance, transport and
- Performing hands-on testing of circuits and working with our
customers and other departments to complete the activation of new
layer one services and to resolve customer service issues.
- Planning and executing work independently and using own
initiative and judgment to handle non-routine matters and
- Working in a fast-paced work environment using multiple test
sets, tools and information databases.
- Participating in or conducting periodic project status meetings
and joint working sessions with both internal and external teams
- Working directly with Verizon customers and other Verizon
internal and external departments to complete the activation of new
services and to resolve customer service issues.
- Meeting schedule commitments to ensure timely delivery.
- There will be times when this position will be a 7x24 on call
operation and weekend work could be required.Where you'll be
working...In this worksite-based role, you'll work onsite at a
defined location, Ashburn, VA. What we're looking for... You will
need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years or work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Local/LD optical networks as well as Project
Management skills and knowledge of PM tools and technique.
- Experience with structured fiber and copper cabling, cable
termination, cable management, and adherence to guidelines for
maintaining clean cable runs.
- Experience with racking and stacking new equipment and ensuring
environmental, electrical, and ensure facility requirements are
- Experience with managing inventory, asset tracking, shipping
and receiving records, purchasing information, etc.
- This position will require approximately 15% travel time.
- Must be able to pass an extensive background investigation as a
condition of employment.Even better if you have one or more of the
- A Bachelor's degree in electronics or three-to-five years of
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs to include Word,
Excel and Visio.
- Technical knowledge of Local/LD optical networks.
- In-depth knowledge of Layer 1 SONET networks.
- Knowledge of layer one test equipment.
- An understanding of Central Office Engineering principles such
as space, power, and HVAC requirements for technical and
- Project Management skills and knowledge of PM tools and
- In-depth working knowledge of Fujitsu and Ciena equipment.
- Experience in fault isolation, repair and resolution, and
documenting root cause analysis (RCA) for reported trouble
- Knowledge of ANSI and BICSI Standards.
- Understanding of DWDM networks.
- The ability to plan and execute work independently and use your
own initiative and judgment to handle non-routine matters and
- A drive for results.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- The ability to operate effectively independently and in a
team-based environment. Equal Employment Opportunity We're proud to
be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees'
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us
stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.COVID-19
Vaccination RequirementVerizon requires new hires to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical, religious, or state law recognized reasons).
Internal ID: 592846PandoLogic. Keywords: Network Engineer,
Location: Leesburg, VA - 20178
Keywords: Verizon, Leesburg , Network Engineer - Ashburn VA, Engineering , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!