Director of Product Marketing
Posted on: February 1, 2019
OverviewReporting to the Vice President of Marketing, the Director of Product Marketing is responsible for owning the overall go-to market strategies across the portfolio, ensure that our messaging, value propositions and sales materials continue to resonate strongly with our clients around the world and manage the product marketing team.Responsibilities
- Essential Duties/Responsibilities
- Work closely with sales, product management and the rest of the marketing team.
- Help set the tone and manage cross-functional collaboration as we take products to market, enable the sales teams and develop marketing programs.
- Be the SME on our products, the market, our customers and competition.
- Create high-impact internal and customer facing messaging that clearly communicates the value and unique advantage of our products, including thought leadership development
- Management of all product marketing and research resources
- All aspects of people management, including hiring, development, training, regular 1:1s, biannual reviews, and workflow management
- Budget management
- Defines and executes programs positioned against competitors
- Effective communication of corporate messaging to press and customers
- Engage with internal teams to prioritize, create and implement campaigns that align to business goals. Own your campaigns; collaborate with others to create, implement, execute and measure them
- Plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Develop and implement messaging platforms that clearly position the company and its product lines in the marketplace
- Establish and maintain a marketing relationship with key customers who are willing to be reference for case studies, speaking events and video testimonials
- Work with customers to understand and document new use cases
- Develop vertical specific content to better reach target industries and partner specific content to support our key channel partners and resellers
- Gather and analyze data and prioritize market trends and direction.
- Other duties as assigned
The above statements are neither intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be a listing of all of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. This job description is not a contract of employment, either express or implied. Employment with Cofense will be voluntarily entered into and your employment is considered at will. Cofense reserves the right to alter the job description at any time without notice.QualificationsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Excellent presentation, writing and messaging skills to position solutions to enterprise customers through succinct and compelling language
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues and cross-functional teams, customers and third parties
- Willing to travel 25%
- Understand CRM and how the CRM system works together with Demand Generation and automation tools
Education and/or Experience:
- 10+ years of software product marketing or sales experience, preferably in security, with at least 2 years experience in a field facing role
- Bachelors in Business or Marketing preferred
- Leesburg, VA or US Telecommute
Cofense is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis [protected class] including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable national, federal, state or local laws and ordinances. We adhere to these commitments in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, and discipline.EEO CategoryFirst/Mid-Level Officials and Managers
Keywords: PhishMe, Leesburg , Director of Product Marketing, Advertising , Leesburg, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!